RTI’s Center for Communication Science seeks a Digital Strategist with experience researching, designing, and delivering strategic communication programs, campaigns, and interventions. RTI’s Center for Communication Science is a mission-driven organization that tackles critical problems in public health, financial wellbeing, and the environment, international development, and social justice. We are a team of behavioral scientists and communication strategists with deep expertise across the entire communication continuum, who work to research, design, and deliver effective communication interventions.
We’re looking for an inspired, talented, and creative, strategic thinker and doer. This person will be motivated, detail-oriented, and collaborative, someone who values research and evidence, and perseveres in delivering the promise of science for global good. This position is open to individuals interested in working from our headquarters in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina when it reopens, or one of the following RTI regional offices when they reopen: Waltham, MA; Washington DC; Rockville, MD; Atlanta, GA; Chicago, IL; Berkeley, CA.
Responsibilities to include, but not be limited to:
- Manage the development of digital products and campaigns from concept to dissemination
- Conduct user and audience research, guided by principles of human-centered design
- Synthesize research findings, identify audience insights, and clarify client objectives, then triangulate those to develop communication strategies and product requirements
- Craft and implement evidence-based and theory-driven digital solutions that support learning and behavior change
- Develop, test, and refine communication products, messages, and materials
- Communicate effectively with technical, research, production, and project team members to successfully manage integrated activities and produce digital solutions
- Additional duties identified in collaboration with supervisor and project teams
Please include a cover letter in your application. You can include the cover letter and the resume in the same document.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ related experience or Master’s degree and 2 years’ relevant experience
- Degree in a Social Science, Communication, Public Health, Human Interaction Design, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience serving in a product ownership or project manager role, leading and overseeing the design and development of digital products, campaigns, online experiences, and/or interventions
- Knowledge of social and behavior change theory, and their application to digital strategies
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Approaches situations with a growth mindset
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require visa sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience planning, writing, and developing communication and training materials for a diverse audience
- Ability to work with clients to facilitate planning and strategy activities
- Experience collaborating and communicating with multi-disciplinary teams, including graphic designers, software engineers, and product managers – basic knowledge of software development is a plus
- Multicultural or bilingual communication skills