DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR - SANFORD SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY
Duke University was created in 1924 through an indenture of trust by James Buchanan Duke. Today, Duke is regarded as one of Americas leading research universities. Located in Durham, North Carolina, Duke is positioned in the heart of the Research Triangle, which is ranked annually as one of the best places in the country to work and live. Duke has more than 15,000 students who study and conduct research in its 10 undergraduate, graduate and professional schools. With about 40,000 employees, Duke is the third largest private employer in North Carolina, and it now has international programs in more than 150 countries.
This full-time position in the office of Development & Alumni Relations (D.A.R.) at Sanford School of Public Policy, a top 10 public policy school, will serve as the lead staff coordinator for creating, gathering and delivering content to the schools key constituent groups across media in support of the Schools engagement and fundraising strategy in Dukes comprehensive campaign.
This position will be supervised by the Associate Dean of Development & Alumni Relations, with a dotted reporting line to the Associate Dean of Communications & Marketing to reflect the significant interaction and work with that department.
A detailed description of functional areas and tasks follows:
Campaign coordination/outreach 30%
Coordinate and implement communication strategies to advance the Schools fundraising andengagement strategies, under the supervision of the leadership of Sanford D.A.R. andSanford Communications.
- Serve as the project manager for fundraising and engagement communications across all media channels.
- Work with D.A.R. and Communications teams to develop and articulate digital communications strategy.
- Develop and deliver messaging and outreach to alumni and friends to advance Sanfords engagement and fundraising strategies.
- Work with D.A.R. and Communications teams to develop and manage content calendar.
Content Development and Curation - 50%
In concert with the leadership of the D.A.R. and Communications teams Gather, create, organize and curate content related to fundraising and engagement strategies across all media channels.
- Work with the Development & Alumni Relations to plan and implement engagement content strategies in key channels, including social media, Duke Alumni Engagement & Development channels, Sanford publications and Sanford website.
- In collaboration with the (Assistant) Director of D.A.R. develop and implement digital campaigns designed to elevate the Sanford Annual Fund by raising awareness and motivating donors.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of D.A.R. and serve as back up on the Duke Campus Collaboration Plan for Annual Fund solicitations.
- Gather, edit and feature submitted content from alumni and friends throughout the year.
- Cover engagement and fundraising events and feature content on social media and the website.
- Write profiles and content about volunteers, donors, friends, students and faculty of the Sanford School for various sources to advance engagement and fundraising strategies.
- Develop and design engagement and fundraising website content and manage it, including updating webpages and creating blog posts, designs, videos, and integrated connections to multimedia and social networking programs to advance the priorities of the School.
- Work with the DAR Advancement Services team to develop stewardship content, including student and faculty interviews.
- Manage online event creation (CVENT & DADD) for select events and capture of registration and attendee information for all events.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Development and Alumni Relations and the department assistant to process alumni event data including resolve discrepancies in alumni contact information and coding and entering event data in DADD.
- Responsible for managing D.A.R. communications using email marketing software, Emma.
- Track and report metrics for digital content, providing analysis and recommendations to improve outcomes.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Position requires analytical, communications, and organizational skills generally acquired through completion of a bachelor's degree, as well as a proven record of being able to use social media tools effectively.
Demonstrated work, internship or other experience creating digital or print content.
OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
In addition the successful candidate will possess the following qualities/attributes:
Excellent written and oral communications skills
Excellent coordination and organizational skills
Collaborative and team oriented.
Enthusiasm for digital content creation/curation. Ability to independently seek out information to enhance skills in this area.
Strives to improve upon work and processes.
Through knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Ability and interest in learning new programs and databases.
Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to provide information updates to various audiences
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideasan exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.