Cloud Engineer-Systems Analyst-Level III-Full Time-DHTS-Durham
Duke Health Technology Solutions is a robust, specialized division of Duke University Health System dedicated to the development and management of enterprise IT systems.
A 2020 Most Wired health system, Duke is nationally recognized for IT and information management as the first healthcare system to achieve the Davies Award highest honor by the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) for inpatient, ambulatory, and analytics health information technology capabilities.
Our employees are among the top-skilled IT experts in the Triangle and partner with leading scholars, clinicians, and researchers across Duke University and Duke Health to develop innovative technologies that support our mission of delivering tomorrow's healthcare today.
Enterprise Cloud Engineer
Duke Health Technology Solutions: IT AnalystIII
A strategic thinker and a principal technologist in various domains such as cloud-based infrastructure and services. The engineer will drive technical execution on projects and services.
Duke Health is a complex environment, and we are looking for a strategic thinker with a highly technical background to facilitate a digital technology transformation at Duke. You will be engaging customers doctors, nurses, other caregivers, researchers, professors, and academic leaders, as well as administration to help understand needs and develop comprehensive strategies and solutions making a difference in the lives of our patient population.
- Experience with hybrid cloud deployments, and on premise-to-cloud migration deployments and roadmaps.
- Implement designs for on premise and cloud native services in alignment with Duke Health strategy.
- Troubleshoot complex issues related to cloud-based services.
- Help execute multi-offering solutions to customers, covering a wide variety of product spaces. These includes on premises and multiple public cloud environments
- Define the system components, services, technologies, and design required to implement a solution that represents an intersection of elements from the Business and Technology architecture domains and addresses a specific business opportunity or problem
- Lead initiatives to develop and document more efficient automated processes through technologies like Infrastructure as Code to reduce time, cost, manual intervention, and complexity of service delivery.
- Maintain a broad and deep understanding of multiple technologies, reference architectures, and business applications.
- Experience in launching or supporting enterprise cloud hosted platforms
- Maintain standards for documentation and design diagrams for cloud-based implementations.
- Collaborate with the customers, service delivery, and service operations teams to bring our customers the most efficient, practical, and maintainable solutions.
- Effectively relate technical concepts to non-technical audiences and articulate the business value of a given technical solution.
- Develop solid working relationships with colleagues, customers, and across project teams to effectively achieve functional/project goals.
- Build strong working relationships with members of his/her team and those within other relevant teams, departments, or disciplines.
Preferred:Experience in automating the delivery of emerging technologies like enterprise infrastructure, cloud computing AI (Artificial Intelligence) platforms, and Machine Learning.
Required Qualifications at this Level
Bachelors Degree and 5-10 years of progressive experience in a combination of infrastructure computing, storage, network services and the automation of such technologies.
If no degree, 10-15 years of progressive experience in a combination of IT disciplines shown above.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Cloud environments
Legally authorized to work for any US employer.
Well-versed in enterprise technology buying and evaluation processes paired with a strong understanding of hyper-scale computing solutions and experience building, architecting, designing, and implementing highly distributed global cloud-based systems.
5 years of experience in cloud computing, as well as cloud market and competitive dynamics.
5-10 years of experience implementing virtual environments in private and public cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
5 years of experience in enterprise networks (SDN/network automation and cloud networking)
Experience with DevOps methodologies (Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
Ability to work, communicate effectively, and influence stakeholders on internal/external engineering teams, product development teams, and external partners and executive-level leadership
Excellent presentation and communication skills.
Ability to interpret customer business and technical needs.
Outstanding problem-solving and analytical skills.
Excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
Sysadmin experience in Linux and Windows
Experience in a healthcare environment
Experience in advanced prototyping
Augmented data science and machine learning
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideasan exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.