Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The BioProcess Technician I is responsible for assisting with the manufacturing operations process at the plant. This individual will work on the manufacturing floor to produce media/buffer preparation, learn to troubleshoot equipment, stock items in supply/ production / warehouse areas, standardize equipment and clean the production area, cleaning and autoclaving production equipment.
- This role requires the ablity to work 12-hour shifts within our 24x7 operating enviornement. Shifts may include weekends and/or nights.*
- Assist the team with manufacturing led investigations.
- Produce media/buffer preparation.
- Learn to troubleshoot equipment issues.
- Stock items in the supply, production and warehouse.
- Clean the production area, cleaning and autoclaving production equipment.
- Acceptable candidate will adhere to the AveXis core values; Integrity, Tenacity, Teamwork.
- 0-1 years' experience in a GMP environment with targeted biopharmaceutical training (Bioworks or equivalent) and/or related military training also preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Approximately 5% travel required.
- Must be able to routinely lift over 35 lbs. Must be able to work alternate 12 hour shifts and weekends, as needed.
- Operates in a safe manner in order to avoid injury to self and others.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.