The Plant Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the timely and efficient flow of raw materials into quality finished products; ensures that equipment and buildings are maintained and in good repair.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Responsible for observing all Company safety rules and regulations, recognize safety as top Company priority and conduct/participate regularly scheduled safety meetings with plant staff.
- Maintain efficient and timely flow of all raw materials received and finished products shipped.
- Oversee all aspects of maintenance, preventative maintenance, manages breakdowns and repair.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in all areas of responsibility.
- Responsible for achieving individual and department targets, goals and objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing job performance of production and maintenance as well as all the maintenance of equipment and buildings that are used to process raw and finished materials.
- Assist in conducting investigation of accidents that occur within jurisdiction and makes recommendations to Plant Safety Committee.
- All other duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years of prior supervisory experience.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing/industrial setting.
- Previous experience in slaughter/rending facility.
- Experience working with screw conveyors, motors and gearboxes
- Previous experience with 5S methodology.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Labor relations background and leadership experience.
- Good understanding of production maintenance and repair protocols.
- Occasionally lift-up to 100lbs.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
- Regularly required to reach with hands and arms.
Darling Ingredients Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or, protected veteran status.