Effectively and efficiently manage 3rd party Carriers capacity and safety. Ensure that our Carriers meet the LafargeHolcim established requirements. Ensure Carrier capacity requirements are met and deliveries are made as scheduled and exception free.
- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Lead person responsible for Carrier's safety within their region. Responsibility for ensuring that Carriers are continually improving and maintaining safety standards.
- Responsible for all Carrier incidents investigation and making recommendation on how to proceed and whether the Carrier should be used going forward.
- Support the OH&S mission with the order desk team, carriers, manufacturing and customers across the regional area to influence the daily actions and behaviors of all.
- Ensure that the LafargeHolcim 5 rules of safety become a standard for the Carriers.
- Committed to safety in all daily activities.
- Implement road transportation strategy (outlined by Road Transportation Group).
- Work with service providers to ensure rates are competitive and capacity is available.
- Coordinate continuous communication between sales, plants, terminals, carriers, and corporate logistics for assigned region.
- Manage service provider's performance to company standards.
- Carrier development and capacity management.
- Facilitate communication among all groups involved in freight prepaid business both internally and externally.
- Conduct requests for rate quotes.
- Provide support for regional day to day dispatching operations for freight paid customers and plants.
- Track and report savings realized.
- Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
This role will have relationships across a large scope of our company and external company.
Daily interaction with carriers, customers and manufacturing to ensure supply.
Lead trucking person responsible for answering Sales GM daily questions regarding trucking and meeting their trucking needs.
Interact with order desk to ensure that capacity meets orders.
Work with Manager of Road Transportation to ensure that trucking strategy, safety requirement and capacity needs are met.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Required Work Experience: 5-7 years of logistics experience
Travel Requirements: up to 30%
Required Computer and Software Skills: Microsoft Office Suite