Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world.
It's not just about your career… or your job title…it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Setup and operate multiple CNC machine tools in low volume, high mix, job shop environment. Taking responsibility for all phases of the process from first cut to last completed piece. Executing work according to all safety regulations and maintaining high quality standards aligning with ISO/TS, IRIS, AAR & CMMI requirements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- Perform setup of machine tool within standard route time
- Operate multiple machine tools simultaneously
- Achieve desired productivity based on product cycle time ≥ 90%
- Navigate FANUC controls with knowledge of wear & geometry pages to ensure conformance of product
- Critically think and trouble shoot to quickly resolve problems and return machine tool to production.
- Use Renishaw Probing system and perform simple functions (Easy Setting)
- Setup and operate CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine)
- Inspect product to engineering blue prints using various gauging
- Complete and sign off FAI (First Article Inspection) and maintain audit matrix at required frequency
- Enter SPC (Statistical Process Control) data and adjust process based on data analysis
- Perform TPM inspection on equipment as scheduled and complete associated checklist
- Maintain 5S requirements in designated work cell, performing daily 5S activities
- Support & Contribute to continues improvement – SMED, Kaizen, Fixture Design, etc.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Preferably an associate degree in Machine Tool Technology (MTT), High School Diploma, GED, and evidence of relevant / significant work experience.
- Must have at minimum 5 years CNC experience
- Must be knowledgeable in basic shop math: Trigonometry, Pythagorean Theorem, etc.
- Must be able to interpret and edit CNC programing.
- Must be knowledgeable in GD&T, Understand identifiers (symbols), inspection methods etc.
- Basic rigging principles, crane operation, crane & hoist inspection and safe practices
- Must have the ability to plan and execute highly complex work to precision tolerances, allowances and finishes
Reach Up / Over Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
50 lbs or more
Exposure to Heat/Humidity
Exposure to Cold
Dust or Vapors within OSHA limits
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.