Requisition Number: FINAN03526
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products, conductor accessories and fittings, and related services across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single fiber optic cable and has grown to include every facet of the passive optical network, employing over 5,000 associates worldwide and consistently generating annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars. With our commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL “Connect” you to your next career opportunity!Job Summary
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for financial planning, forecasting, analyses, managing the closing process, and reporting. They will, also, support the financial needs of the organization by working collaboratively with various departments to provide information and business insight.
- Managing the accurate closing process for one or more business units within AFL.
- Communicating financial results clearly and effectively to the management team. This includes the explanation of variances as compared to plan or historical results. The candidate should have a sound understanding of the business environment and be conversant in explaining changes related to volume and contribution margin.
- Provide financial results, trend analyses, and insights to business unit and executive leadership.
- Prepare annual plan(s) and monthly forecasts.
- Provide detailed analysis of revenues and margins by customer, product category and/or project. Also provide detailed analysis of spending variations by department and by account. Provide analysis to assist in cost reduction efforts.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation.
- Maintain accurate manufacturing cost standards, which satisfy absorption and lower of cost or market inventory valuation tests.
- Perform physical inventory and fixed asset reconciliations annually or as required by organizational or corporate guidelines.
- Learn the business systems and serve as liaison for the organization from an accounting perspective.
- Work with the Manager of Analytics to improve the control environment by self-assessment of key controls in the business unit (i.e. purchasing, inventory control, receiving, shipping, etc.).
- Work with the Manager of Analytics to assist in audit preparation to ensure timely delivery and response to audit questions and/or requests.
- Work with the Manager of Analytics to ensure minimal adjustments as related to audit findings (with no required audit adjustments).
- Superb attention to detail and good record keeping skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Team player; high level of interpersonal skills with demonstrated professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to think and function tactically and strategically
- Takes initiative and seeks additional training or direction as needed
- Desire to focus on process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 5 - 10 years of combined experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in an Analyst role or similar
- Experience with financial closing cycle, inventory and inventory costing, cash and payables, general ledger expertise, and audit and control environment knowledge
- Demonstrated analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Expert skills with Microsoft Office (Excel formulas and pivot tables)
- Ability to query and organize from multiple sources and platforms
- Additional preferred qualifications:
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience in manufacturing
Normal office and manufacturing facility environment. Limited travel