Company : Name
Ecumen Home Care - Lakeshore
2 weeks ago(10/4/2019 12:56 PM)
Maintenance, Housekeeping, Laundry
AM, PM and NOC
Ecumen Home Care-Lakeshore seeks a Homemaker to join its team. Ecumen Home Care-Lakeshore provides in-home and community based services in the Minnesota Duluth area and is located in Duluth, Minnesota. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Homemaker is responsible for providing personal care and designated health related services designed to maintain the client’s physical and emotional well-being. Provides one on one social interaction as well as supervision for the client to ensure the client can safely remain in the home.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Provides assistance with light housekeeping and laundry duties and other tasks per schedule or request.
Observes client and reports changes in physical and emotional condition.
Prepares and plans meals as directed and follows special meal plans if instructed.
Provide companionship to the client such as conversation, watching television or playing cards.
Provides medication reminders.
Maintains privacy and confidentiality of client, client’s records and client’s living environment.
- Respond appropriately to safety hazards, fire and other emergency situations.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Ability to effectively communicate messages both verbally and in a written format
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience in Healthcare
- Previous experience working with seniors
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify.