Company : Name
2 weeks ago(10/4/2019 10:39 AM)
Want to work for a company that cares? Put your passion for serving others to work as a Care Attendant at Ecumen Home Care - Lakeshore in Duluth, MN!
We’re hiring caring, compassionate people like you to provide personal care and health-related services to help make the lives of our clients more fulfilling and enjoyable. As a caregiver at Ecumen, you’ll put people at the heart of what you do and find new ways to exceed people’s expectations every day.
Ecumen is over 150-years-old and one of the nation’s top 25 non-profit providers of senior housing and aging services. In 2017, we proudly celebrated our 10th year as a “Best Place to Work” awarded by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
The Care Attendant provides personal care and designated health-related services designed to maintain the client’s physical and emotional well-being. Is in compliance with the Agency’s policies, procedures and standards for the Home Health Aide/Homemaker.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Provides personal care to clients per client’s individualized care plan. Promotes independence with Clients, offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
Observes, documents and reports changes in physical, cognitive, and emotional condition of clients.
Communicates with client and/or family members while in client’s home as appropriate. Participates in care conferences with other health team members as needed
Prepares meals as directed and requested, following special meal plans if instructed. May provide light housekeeping and laundry services as directed by the care plan.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire and other emergency situations.
Minimum required qualifications:
- 17 years of age or older
- Licensure/Certification Required: Certified Nursing Assistant and satisfactory test out of the HHA component
- Current valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance (if applicable)
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, MSDS
- High school diploma, GED, or higher
- Previous experience working with seniors
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify.