At Macy's, we're moving fast—we're at top speed to become America's premiere retailer. Macy's Technology strives to set the pace by providing seamless and compelling shopping experiences for our Macy's and Bloomingdale's customers. Macy's Technology is creating innovative technology solutions to support these experiences and define the future of retailing.
This job function is responsible for translating business requirements into well-engineered, tested and deployed application systems that are used by the business as well as supporting these systems while in production.
Positions in this function interface with internal customers to determine the most efficient and cost-effective approach to meet their business requirements and are responsible for designing, developing, testing, installing, and deploying the required software applications. Solutions utilize a variety of software technologies and may include new code construction, modifications to existing modules, configuration and/or package implementation. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Write core java code adhering to overall architecture and design of existing applications.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to resolve any issues reported by QA / Test Analysis.
- Understand performance metric and factors affecting the performance and find ways to improve it.
- Leverage automation for increased efficiency.
- Track own progress to ensure timely delivery.
- Work collaboratively with Product teams to brainstorm on business features.
- Bring in fresh ideas to make improvements.
- Participate in code reviews for own as well as others' code.
- Work with other teams involved in project life-cycle.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferably CS, CE or IT).
- 0-3years of experience as a Software Developer.
- Deep understanding of Core Java and Multithreading, Streaming and Event Driven.
- Experience with Ultra Low Latency programming and performance tuning.
- Experience in developing distributed application, API development using REST architectural guidelines.
- Familiarity with Linux, Maven, Git, Jira.
- Agile and test-driven development experience.
- Retail industry experience will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to read, write, and interpret complex documents.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Lead the development phase of projects, making work assignments and managing task completion.
- Select tools/methodologies for projects.
- Commit to deliverables for scope of work.
- Modify jobs and schedules for jobs as necessary.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
Macy's Inc. is one of the nation's premier retailers. With fiscal 2016 sales of $25.778 billion and approximately 140,000 employees, the company operates more than 700 department stores under the nameplates Macy's and Bloomingdale's, and approximately 125 specialty stores that include Bloomingdale's The Outlet, Bluemercury and Macy's Backstage. Macy's, Inc. operates stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, as well as macys.com, bloomingdales.com and bluemercury.com. Bloomingdale's stores in Dubai and Kuwait are operated by Al Tayer Group LLC under license agreements. Macy's, Inc. has corporate offices in Cincinnati, Ohio and New York, New York.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Join our team.
Innovation, Creativity, Passion.