The Associate Director, ProjectManagement will be responsible and accountable for large scale strategicprojects within the Commercial Operations Division. Specific areas of focusinclude accountability for on time and on budget completion of selected BIAHprojects by interacting across national or global functional teams. Thisposition directs the planning, implementation, and tracking of specificobjectives associated with projects.
As an employee ofBoehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery,development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Ourglobal presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborateinternationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute tothe companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantagelie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster ahealthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion,mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation andbenefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
- Facilitates amongthe PMO stakeholders and organizational leadership a consensus around projectand program management principles and practices to foster aproject-management-oriented culture and mindset
- Facilitates theagreed-upon process that develops plans and prioritization by leadership andgovernance
- Builds and maintainsrelationships with senior leadership and key PMO stakeholders, and acts as atrusted advisor
- Leads (where one isagreed and needed) the establishment of a project management community ofpractice to facilitate collaboration and best-practice sharing among projectmanagers and key PMO stakeholders.
- Identifies businessissues and project opportunities across the US Commercial Business and provideinput and guidance into the US project portfolio.
- Develops andcommunicates recommendations to solve critical business challenges.
- Direct projectmanagement teams that support the delivery of key initiatives for the AnimalHealth Commercial Business.
- Pro-actively identifyand resolve issues.
- Utilize internalresources including budget for assigned projects, consultants, and third partyvendors for the execution of objectives.
- Recognize projectteams and individuals for achievements.
- Build relationshipswith stakeholders.
- Influencestakeholders and business partners to support vision and solutions for team.
- Present andfacilitate meetings adapting content to the different audiences.
- Establish open,transparent communication on a one-on-one basis.
- Manage differentstakeholders and influence behaviors related to the use of the information bycommunicating success, concerns, risks, and status updates on related work.
- Collaborate withpeers to share learnings, core processes, systems, and best practices.
- Cultivate teamwork byfacilitating cross department communication.
- Influence individualsand teams to agreement on potentially divisive topics.
- Understand andempathize with disparate groups to achieve alignment on the best course ofaction forward for the business.
- Strategic Projects:
- Manage large scale,strategic initiatives for the US Commercial business that are cross-functionaland have impact on revenue, cost savings, process optimization or system anddata infrastructure.
- Direct thedevelopment and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of plans andprograms to meet the defined goals and priorities for projects within theCommercial Business.
- Direct projects andsub teams as needed to execute objectives.
- Allocates andoverseas the resources (time, money, equipment, etc.) required to completeassigned projects.
- Direct changes to theproject scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriateverification techniques.
- Direct the requiredchange management and communication across functional teams for any respectiveassigned project.
- Define and articulatethe business benefit of respective project.
- Determines themeasures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion and createsand maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Business SubjectMatter Expert:
- Work with business,global and IT parters to understand strategy and key objectives and apply thisunderstanding to recommendations on project scope and delivery.
- Facilitate thecommunication and translation of business user requirements and solutionsbetween the customer community (internal and external customers) and internalIT.
- Assist stakeholdersto diagnose problems and understand business needs.
- Process and DataAnalysis:
- Understand how datamoves through systems and processes, address questions and concerns regardingdata quality and integrity, and work with IT system and business process leadsto make changes related to data governance.
- Elicit requirementsusing techniques such as interviews, workshops, surveys, job shadowing,documentation review, use case and scenario development, and process, task andworkflow analysis.
- Critically evaluateinformation gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and articulatesolutions.
- Collaborate withinternal partners to ensure issues are identified, tracked, communicated andresolved in a timely manner.
- Understand andsupport core business processes.
- Introduce innovationwhere possible.
- Proficient withtechnology including office applications, sales force automation, databaseconcepts, executing data imports and exports, and running reports.
- Analyze proposedchanges and provide benefits and risks of alternative approaches.
- Provide benefits andrisks of alternative approaches.
- Work crossfunctionally across Commercial, Global and IT teams to identify business issuesand project opportunities
- Provide input tosupport project portfolio prioritization
- Work with businessstakeholders and project resources to identify commercial benefits and resourcerequirements to support portfolio prioritization efforts
- Identify keyperformance measures to measure project delivery and program managementeffectiveness. Provide feedback to PMO Director on the approach.
- Performs all Companybusiness in accordance with all regulations (e.g. EEO, FDA, OSHA, PDMA, EPA,PhRMA, etc.) and Company policies and procedures. Report all violationsimmediately to management. Document observations and provide information tomanagement as necessary. Demonstrates high ethical and professional standardswith all business contacts and BIAH employees.
- Bachelors Degree froman accredited institution in Business, Marketing, Finance, Computer Science orrelated field.
- A masters degree ispreferred.
- PMP or Lean SixSigma certification is desired.
- Six-plus (6 ) years ofprogressive relevant experience, of which at least five (5) years were leadingteams or people.
- Three-plus (3 )years of experience in the Animal Health industry or direct customer businessexperience.
- Demonstratedunderstanding and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices, andstandards including knowledge and use of Animal Health or Pharma data and basicworking knowledge of industry practices.
- Demonstrated abilityto clearly and concisely communicate ideas, facts, and technical information tosenior management, as well as other internal customers both verbally andwritten.
- Demonstratedexcellent communication and presentation skills and ability to work with otherdisciplines.
- Expertise in projectand program management, commercial business, animal health.
- Models willingnessto learn and stay up-to-date.
- Ability to trainuser groups and key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated abilityto identify and analyze problems, evaluate alternatives, and implementeffective solutions.
- Effective analyticaland problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated abilityto effectively manage multiple priorities and coordinate efforts withcolleagues from several functional areas.
- Ability to workindependently with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail in thefast paced environment.
- Demonstrated abilityto achieve results in a highly matrixed organization.
- Demonstrated abilityto clearly and concisely communicate ideas, facts, and technical information tomanagement, as well as other internal customers both verbally and written.
- History ofsuccessful performance.
- Ability to travel(may include overnight travel).
DesiredExperience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Scrum Masterexperience is desired.
- Must be legallyauthorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing totake a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years ofage or older.
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovationwith one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthroughtherapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical needfor both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long termperformance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture adiverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development forall employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visitboehringer-ingelheim.com andjoin us in our effort to make more health.
BoehringerIngelheim, including Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc., BoehringerIngelheim USA, Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health USA Inc., BoehringerIngelheim Animal Health Puerto Rico LLC and Boehringer Ingelheim Fremont,Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed toa culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion;national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital, domesticpartnership or civil union status; gender, gender identity or expression;affectional or sexual orientation; pregnancy, childbirth or related medicalcondition; physical or psychiatric disability; veteran or military status;domestic violence victim status; genetic information (including the refusal tosubmit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by applicablefederal, state or local law.