At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they are making history.
Northrop Grumman Space designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Innovation Systems Space Systems Group is seeking an entry to mid-level Mechanical/Thermal Analysis Engineer to assist an experienced team of mechanical engineers performing mechanical and structural analysis on one or more spacecraft systems or subsystems.
Responsibilities may include the following:
- Performing thermal analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex or portions of complex materials, structural components, and functional systems of company products.
- Analyzing requirements for materials, structural component, or functional systems.
- Selecting applicable analytical data from previous products and determine the technical principles involved.
- Mathematically defining problems and compute the engineering characteristics consistent with the specifications, design needs and requirements of other portions of the products.
- Releasing results as “technical documents“ after review by the senior members of the team.
- Developing innovative solutions and elaborating on design concepts.
- Evaluating completed designs with supervisor and other technical groups, and making modifications necessary to achieve the most ideal design.
- Developing, coordinating, and conducting test programs required to evaluate design work.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
Mechanical/Thermal Engineer 2: Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus Thermal/Heat Transfer Analysis highly preferred) and 2 years of experience or Master's Degree and 0 years
Principal Mechanical/Thermal Engineer 3: Bachelor's degree in STEM - Science, Technology, Engineer, Math or related area (Mechanical Engineering or Degrees with a focus in Thermal/Heat Transfer Analysis highly preferred) and 5 years of experience or Master's Degree and 3 years
- Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Ability to perform thermal engineering tasks associated with analysis, design, and/or testing of structures.
- Experience with at least one of the following Thermal Analysis tools such as Thermal Desktop, SINDA or equivalent spacecraft thermal analysis tools.
- Current or Active Secret, Top Secret or higher level clearance.
- Experience with spacecraft or subsystem thermal testing
- Experience utilizing MATLAB
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.