Location: Open to anywhere that has Swissport offices across the USA
Swissport International AG, on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 282 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.8 million tons of air cargo at 122 warehouses worldwide. With a workforce of some 66,000 the world’s leading provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling is active at more than 300 airports in 50 countries on six continents. In 2018 the Group generated a consolidated operating revenue of EUR 2.99 billion.
Operational Application Owner: - Manage the business side of selected key operational applications for Swissport USA
(business cases, priorities for roll-out, functional requirements, development priorities)
- Support the development of enhancements of the applications jointly with Global Operations Performance - Manage the roll-out of selected key operational applications by actively supporting the go-live (provision of training, resolving issues)
- Manage relationships with stakeholders (Regional Management, General Managers) to promote Swissport’s global application strategy
- Ensure reliability and quality of the application for end user and customer demands
- Lead projects to automate and/or centralize services to create efficiencies and cost savings
Performance Management: - Support the Ops Support Team with the provision of the report landscape for top management
- Regularly report KPI’s for Ground Handling, GSE, Safety and Training to all stakeholders
- Challenge station management on monthly performance and evaluate measures to bring stations back on track
- Help to proactively steer business and reduce risks by forecasting future bottlenecks
- Drive standardization, strengthen a KPI driven culture and foster cost reductions at operational sites across the organization
- Support the field using (DCM, FIS, FSC, and ESD)
- Develop trend analysis report on KPI’s and operational metrics
Qualifications and Competencies
- Higher education, with a Bachelor or Master university degree
- Minimum 2 years of experience in project management
- Experience in the aviation or logistics industry are an advantage
- Advanced excel skills with knowledge of formulas, VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) programming, forecast and trend tools, data simulations, Macros, and Pivot Tables Strong customer orientation and negotiation skills paired with professional stakeholder management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High degree of self-motivation
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with drive for self-improvement - Willingness to travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents.
Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel
Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailormade solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.