Alpha Corporation, established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil and structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public, and private enterprises/partnerships.
Alpha Corporation's vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative, and quality services in the building, transportation, and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently seeking a Jr. Structural Engineer to support our growing team in our Dulles, VA office.
As a Jr. Structural Engineer, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale infrastructure projects.
The Jr. Structural Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Inspection of various structure types including bridges, buildings, high mast poles, traffic signals, and sign structures
- Writing and/or checking inspection reports from structural inspections while adhering to client formatting guidelines
- Working with project teams in all aspects of projects; project set-up, drafting, design, quality review and quality assurance, project coordination/organization, etc.
- Preparing and designing improvement plans for a wide range of projects.
- Preparing and modification of construction documents, reports, specifications, and designs for the project
- Analyzing maps, reports, drawings, as-builts, and test results for design projects
- Assisting with post design construction support services to respond to RFIs, submittal reviews, as-built preparation, and field observations
- Working alongside office staff and management to successfully complete projects within the established budgets and deadlines.
- A mix of fieldwork and office work (50/50)
The qualifications for the Jr. Structural Engineer role include:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 0-2 years of full-time engineering experience
- Eligibility for or in possession of EIT certification
- Knowledge of Civil/Structural Engineering principles and techniques with reference to construction materials, methods, and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design software (MicroStation/Inroads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational, and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities, and an Affirmative Action Employer.