Cybersecurity Engineer (DevSecOps)
Residency Status: ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
Clearance: Must be a US Citizen. Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance - Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
Time Type: Full-Time
Relocation Fees: No
Novel Applications of Vital Information Inc. (Novel Applications) is a premier technology services company that provides solutions in the areas of Cyber Security, Information Management, Systems Integration. Novel Applications is a business that combines experience, creativity, flexibility, pragmatism, and cost-effective solutions in order to deliver measurable business value to our clients.
Headquartered in Fredericksburg Virginia, Novel Applications employs engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Novel Applications is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Novel Applications is seeking a Sr. Cyber Engineer with DevSecOps experience to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Designs, develops, documents, analyzes, tests, integrates, debugs, conducts research and/or discovers and analyzes security flaws or vulnerabilities in software, networks, systems, and applications
- Actively participates in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cybersecurity infrastructure and key resources
- Assesses system security to identify and mitigate risks and vulnerabilities
- Provides mitigation strategies for system security flaws or vulnerabilities
- Supports the configuration and administration of cybersecurity tools and systems
- Tests existing and new technologies for security vulnerabilities
- Reviews requested changes for equipment, technology and/or other factors/trends, which are planned for deployment in the customer space.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 6+ years of experience related to Cyber Security Engineering
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps and/or a DevSecOps environment
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) concepts and automated tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, and/or Cucumber.
- Solid understanding of cybersecurity technologies and concepts at both the local and enterprise-level
- Significant experience in design and implementation of secure network and system solutions
- Experience with leading-edge cyber tools and technologies
- Experience with Incident Response (Forensics, Malware, Penetration/Vulnerability testing) and associated tools and technologies (e.g. IDS, SIEM) - Experience with networking (TCP/IP, topology, sockets and security), operating systems (Windows/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security)
- Experience establishing and maintaining good working relationships in all levels of the organization, including customers, organizations, internal management, and support
- Experience with standard security principles, policies, standards and industry best practices
- Knowledge of U.S. Government Information Assurance policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and objectives.
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree-level education.