As Delivery Driver Helper, you will be responsible for assisting drivers in providing accurate and timely product deliveries to customers on routes, ensuring product satisfaction, and contributing to customer experiences. You will work directly with our customers and experience the impact of serving community businesses and your fellow employees.
3 day work week- NO WEEKENDS!
END OF SUMMER BONUS!
- Assisting Drivers with off-loading products to customer locations.
- Loading and unloading truck and/or company vehicles by hand or by use of a hand truck or dolly.
- Placing products in areas identified by customers.
- Recording delivery information on daily delivery invoice/load list and completing documentation.
- Securing items in position on trucks to prevent damage during shipment.
- Collecting empty containers or merchandise when approved by Customer Service.
- Obtaining customer signature on receipt for pickup and delivery.
- Using on-board computer system and/or logbook to comply with DOT hours requirements
- Cleaning inside of the vehicle.
- Performing other tasks and duties as assigned.
Skills & Experiences:
- Must be able to follow policies and practices to ensure safety.
- Commitment to quality customer service by utilizing excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate information accurately.
- Ability to operate computer and software programs and equipment.
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to follow all established procedures and regulations.
- Ability to apply basic math and mechanical maintenance skills.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as needed is preferred.
Physical Demands &Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to lift, unload, and carry totes and bundles up to 30 lbs. repetitively and up to 60 lbs. occasionally, push up to 50 lbs., and move a dolly loaded with up to 250 lbs.
- Physical ability to maneuver loaded hand carts over a variety of inclines and surfaces.
- Physical ability to stand, sit, and walk frequently.
- Physical ability to occasionally bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Exposure to a variety of environmental conditions: weather, temperature, lighting, and noise as determined by circumstances at accounts within assigned territory.