UnityPoint at HomePediatric Home CareDubuque, Iowa
Our Pediatric Home Care team is growing in Dubuque, IA!
UnityPoint at Home is looking to hire full- and part-time pediatric home care nurses (RN or LPN). These amazing team members make it possible for children to receive the care they need where they are most comfortable. If you have an Iowa nursing license and like working independently while providing one-on-one care and developing relationships with patients and families we want to hear from you! We'll tell you about our flexible scheduling, shift differential pay, great benefits, advancement opportunities and more.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to care plan. Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Consistently utilizes a patient-centered approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned service area.
- Provides patient, family, and/or caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and safety issues.
- Communicates with Registered Nurse and participates in care coordination to achieve high quality care.
- Trains and orients new staff as assigned.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records and time/travel entries.
- Delivers quality care consistent with Home Health Conditions of Participation, qualifying home care criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care.
- Conducts clinical review of records to include multi-disciplinary review, coordination of care, provided in conjunction with visits and documentation.
- Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events.
- Assists in the promotion of services and products.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with Mission, Vision, Values and Expectations for Excellence.
- Maintains compliance with OSHA, Accreditation Standards and Risk Management guidelines.
- Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Clinical Manager to facilitate smooth and effective operations of the organization.
- Adhere to company dress code.
- Achieve certification in Integrated Care Management within 1 year of hire. Certification includes completing the Integrated Care Management formal training session, successfully completing assigned computer based-learning modules within 2 weeks of training, and a competency evaluation. Use the Integrated Care Management philosophy, skills, tools and documentation in clinical practice. Demonstrate competency in selected ICM skills annually.
- Employee is responsible for completion of communication tasks and activities in a timely manner. This would include, but is not limited to: responding to email, voicemail or telephone messages, promptly, accurately, and professionally; attending staff meetings as scheduled or viewing videotapes of those meetings; asking questions of team members and supervisors when needing clarification about various day-to-day issues or patient needs; and reviewing employee communication pieces, to stay aware of UnityPoint at Home programs and initiatives.
Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurses and valid license as Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse. CPR Certification. Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work as a collaborative team member.Integrated Care Management (ICM) certification or successful completion of certification within one year of employment. Valid Mandatory Reporter course completion by state(s) requirement Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state and/or organizational requirements.