Food Service Worker
Are you looking for a career with premium benefits and the potential for growth? At Trinity Services Group, we have created something special, a better place to work and grow. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path.
We also offer a $250 bonus for completing our Rookie’s Fast Track Program within the first 60 days!
About This Position
The Food Service Worker accurately and efficiently prepares and serves a variety of food items in accordance with assigned work instructions and menus within a correctional setting. This position also utilizes a variety of food preparation utensils and machines in preparing food.
Our ideal Food Service Worker excels at the following:
- Passionate about food and service
- Has a solid understanding of food handling regulations
- Desire to always learn more
- Ability to work as a team member, as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Dependable and flexible
- Prepare, assist, or instruct inmate labor and/or team members in the preparation of quality foods according to the planned menu, recipes, and work instructions in a timely manner.
- The duties of the Food Service Worker include, but are not limited to, cleaning as you go, maintaining a neat and food safe workstation, pulling trash, sweeping, mopping, and any other duties assigned within the facility.
- Serve food during planned meal schedules and according to department policies and procedures.
- Utilize kitchen utensils/equipment to cook, prepare and serve food according to recipes. Use proper utensils to serve menued portions and as appropriate to meet clients’ nutritional needs.
- Abide by all food safety regulations pertaining to sanitation, food handling and storage.
- Maintain a clean work area/environment that includes cleaning of refrigerators/freezers, cooking equipment, and serving equipment.
- Function in a fast-paced environment, perform routine kitchen tasks, while being organized and clean.
- Keep up with garbage collection and keep kitchen floors clean from excess food/trash.
- This role includes physical demands such as lifting, bending, pushing, kneeling, walking, and standing for extended periods of time.
- Be able to stand and be on your feet for much of the scheduled shift.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What You'll Need
- High School Diploma or Equivalent, and you must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass pre-employment (post offer) Company or Facility background check and drug screening and/or any other screenings required by the Facility
- Prior institutional food service or restaurant experience is a plus
Trinity Services Group (TSG) offers comprehensive benefits to all regular-full-time employees:
- Medical and Prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- Benefit Credit program provides money to help offset the cost of the benefits you select, $750 for employees with less than 1 year of service and $1,000 with 1 or more yearsof service
- More benefits can be selected to create the right package for you
TSG also understands the importance of work life balance and planning for the future. To help with both, employees are eligible for:
- Paid Time Off
- Company Match for the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.