The Family Medicine department at Medical Associates is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant, LPN or RN to help support two providers' fast-pace practice!
Schedule: Between the hours of 8am - 5pm, Mon-Fri. This is a 40 hours/week, full-benefits position that will work 4.5 days/week. Flexibility is a must.
Location: Nurses have a primary campus location but may need to fill in occasionally at both East and West Campus locations.
Bonus Opportunity for CMA's:As a newly hired CMA, you may be eligible for up to $3,000 in bonuses!
- $1,000 bonus paid when you start working as a CMA
- $1,000 bonus paid after completion of your 1st successful year as a CMA
- $1,000 bonus paid after completion of your 2nd successful year as a CMA
What You Will Be Doing:
- Collect pertinent patient health care data, diagnostic testing, treatments, and review medical records and confer with physician/mid-level providers to ensure patient needs are met.
- General office duties such as obtaining and updating patient demographic and insurance information, accepting payment and co pays, scheduling and coordinating multiple appointment and creating lab orders.
- Collaborate with health care team according to plan of care.
- Communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, and others. Promote patient wellness and provide patient education.
- Document care provided, including but not limited to: interventions, medication, patient education, and assist with integrity of medical record.
- Facilitate reimbursement of services provided, including but not limited to: charge tickets, referrals, and insurance requirements.
- Maintain an office environment that is safe, neat, organized, and supplied with necessary equipment, instruments, supplies, and educational materials. Ensure equipment is functioning safely and properly. Perform cleaning and maintenance of equipment according to guidelines.
- Demonstrate flexibility in performing other additional duties of patient care. Provide input for devising systems to improve quality and efficiency of patient care and workflow. Participate in required meetings.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Skills You Need:
- Strong work ethic
- Self-motivated individual
- Efficient time management skills
- Willingness to take initiative and jump in
- Commitment to excellent patient care
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience - From three months to one year of similar or related experience.
Education - Equivalent to a two year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study or certification at a business or trade school.
Interpersonal Skills - A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary.
Other Skills - Keyboarding skills and use of electronic equipment. Use personal protection safety equipment including gloves, lab coats, gowns, goggles, and face masks/shields. BLS required biannually.