About Command Alkon
Command Alkon is bringing innovative technologies and systems to the concrete, asphalt and building materials industry globally. Our technology helps our customers improve the efficiency and quality of the foundation of where we live, work and play. What we do best is combine next-gen technologies with over 40 years of industry expertise. We are not a “here today; gone tomorrow” software company, we will be here for a long time and a good foundation for your career…. like concrete.
Command Alkon is seeking an experienced and highly motivated Software Engineer to join our team in Dublin, Ohio. In this role, you will work to develop mission critical software components for the evolution of our COMMANDbatch application that is consistent with Command Alkon’s commitment to delivering an A+ Experience to our customers.
The successful candidate will show technical aptitude, teamwork, and high performance working with talented team of associates who do the same. This person will experience a flexible and technically challenging yet rewarding work environment plus receive a competitive salary, generous health and personal benefits, and opportunities for Company Wide recognition through Command Alkon’s President’s Club.
What You'll Do
- Work within Agile scrum teams operating in the Scaled Agile (SAFe) framework
- Develop and maintain software to meet the specifications outlined in stories guided by acceptance criteria
- Assume responsibility and develops expertise for functional areas of the application
- Analyze user needs as required and determine design specifications
- Endeavor to fully understand business problems and opportunities
- Test, debug software and assist in the development of automated testing
- See project work through to field release
- Work with general supervision on implementing designs defined by team investigation to meet our customer’s needs
- Depending on the project, work independently or as part of a team
- Stay up to date of new technologies and methodologies and use them to improve the efficiency and the quality of our products
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Architecture or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience in a formal software development environment
- Familiar and capable of working within a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Depending on the project, ability to work independently or in a small team environment
- Ability and desire to solve difficult engineering technology problems
- Understanding of MS-Windows and Linux Operating Systems
- 5+ years programming experience using the most recent versions of Microsoft .NET, Microsoft .NET Core and C#
- 5+ years of programming experience using server-side web application frameworks, such as ASP.NET and ASP.NET MVC
- 5+ years building and consuming RESTful web services
- 5+ years using Microsoft SQL Server Database Systems
- 3+ years developing moderate to complex T-SQL and SQL
- Experience using Entity Framework or similar ORM.
- Experience with XML-related technologies such as AJAX, XSD, XSLT and JSON
- Experience building responsive web applications across multiple devices
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with good software engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration, continuous deployment concepts, and pair programming and peer code reviews)
- Experience with source control software such as SVN, Azure DevOps (TFS), VSTS and GitHub
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence for agile project management
- Experience building reports using business intelligence visualization tools such as Tableau or AWS QuickSight is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GitLab or Bamboo is a plus
- Experience developing and integrating IoT (Internet of Things) solutions is a plus
- Experience building Progressive Web Applications (PWA) is a plus
- Experience building Software as a Service (SaaS) is a plus
- Experience building distributed software solutions is a plus
- Exposure to data transport technologies (DDS, RabbitMQ, AMQP, MQTT, Kafka, etc) is a plus
- Experience with Real Time Operating System (RTOS) is a plus
- Experience with embedded controls in a plus
- Experience with NoSQL database solutions is a plus
- Be available for rapid response to our Service Delivery Team during normal business hours and outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to travel up to 10% as needed
Why work for Command Alkon?
Command Alkon, voted one of Birmingham’s Best Places to Work in 2016, 2017 and 2018, is the global leader for over 40 years in integrated technology solutions for the concrete and heavy building materials industry because of the committed relationship we have with our employees and our customers. Headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama, Command Alkon has over 600 employees worldwide with offices in Kansas, Ohio, Illinois, Utah, Malaysia, Brazil, Canada, England, France, India and the Netherlands.
For more information about us and our products, visit http://www.commandalkon.com.
Command Alkon strives to be an employer of choice, offering a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Casual dress code
- Generous family medical and dental insurance plans
- Company-paid life insurance, short term disability and long term disability insurance
- 401(k) Matching Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Free soft drinks and hot beverages
Find out more at http://www.commandalkon.com/careers/
Command Alkon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.