R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
We are looking for experienced Senior Software Engineers to join an amazing group of technologists to contribute to Corda, Corda Enterprise and other products in the Corda ecosystem. The role will revolve around pushing forward the capabilities of Corda and the associated infrastructure. Typically working at the back end using Kotlin you will deliver a highly performant and scalable system used by our global enterprise customers to build the future of distributed consensus. Corda and Corda Enterprise enable parties in any industry vertical to come to an agreement faster and at a reduced cost with flexibility encoded into the dynamic binding of resolution.
You will have a history of successful delivering features whose lifecycles you have owned from design to delivery. You can work independently to research a problem domain to gain insight and subsequently deliver the work and solve the problem. You will be comfortable getting into the guts of a complex distributed system and be able to conceptualise its operation at many levels. Most importantly you are excited and motivated by the challenge of solving hard problems in a way that delivers to clients and delights them.
It is beneficial if you have experience of working in a demo-centric environment and be comfortable working toward demoable milestones as part of the development process where the vision is clear whilst the journey to get there will require research, prototyping and collaboration. Your experience with different parts of a software organisation, bringing understanding and a sensitivity to their needs as part of the delivery from Engineering is an advantage. You will likely have experience of leading or mentoring other developers. Familiarity with an OO language and a desire to explore Kotlin and become an expert is a further advantage.
- Work as a member of a team within the larger engineering group to deliver high quality and well tested code
- Realisation and delivery of technical designs to meet release deadlines
- Code review peer and open-source contributions to the codebase
- Contribute to the technical enablement of R3’s field teams
- Liaise with the R3 Support team to troubleshoot and address customer issues
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely obtained through a combination of advanced academic study and significant professional experience
- 2+ years experience in an enterprise level environment
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services
- Familiarity of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems / OS development through to networking, middleware and application logic
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and service