Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a results-driven Sales Development Representative to assist in growing the advertising dealer base on our site and to work with our Account Executives to improve our market share of subscribed listing dealers. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial attitude, the ability to multi-task in a rapidly-changing working environment, strong communication skills, and be proficient at regularly attaining quotas by adhering to a systematic and repeatable lead development process.
What You'll Do:
- Cold calling: Calling car dealerships each month in order to convert these dealers to advertisers on our site
- Lead development: Creating new dealer listing advertisers on CarGurus each month
- Prospect and develop low-funnel sales opportunities for Account Executives
- Articulate CarGurus value proposition to dealers
- Partner with Sales Executives and create a plan for exceeding quotas
- Demonstrate persistence, tenacity, ability to overcome obstacles, and handle objections
- Develop and consistently meet or exceed all assigned quotas and key performance metrics
- Log all sales activity completely and accurately in Salesforce
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1+ years selling and/or sales development experience
- Strong prioritization and time management skills
- Ability to stay focused on task and show attention to the details
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Salesforce.com experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.