R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 200 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
The Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
We are looking for Graduate Software Engineers to join an amazing group of technologists to contribute to Corda, Corda Enterprise and other products in the Corda ecosystem. The role will revolve around pushing forward the capabilities of Corda and the associated infrastructure. Typically working at the back end using Kotlin you will deliver a highly performant and scalable system used by our global enterprise customers to build the future of distributed consensus. Corda and Corda Enterprise enable parties in any industry vertical to come to an agreement faster and at a reduced cost with flexibility encoded into the dynamic binding of resolution.
You will have a solid foundation of knowledge in computer science or engineering and a strong desire to contribute to the Corda ecosystem with guidance and mentoring from a senior engineer in the team. You will have demonstrated the ability to work independently on conducting high quality research and making proposals for solutions to a given problem by regular check-ins with your technical lead. You will be comfortable getting into the guts of a complex distributed system and be able to conceptualise its operation at many levels. You are excited and motivated by the challenge of solving hard problems, want to learn, improve, and grow as an engineer. The role has a large scope for personal and professional growth alongside the growth of Corda, Corda Enterprise and R3.
It is beneficial if you have experience of working in a demo-centric environment and be comfortable working toward demoable milestones as part of the development process where the vision is clear whilst the journey to get there will require research, prototyping and collaboration. Familiarity with an OO language and a desire to explore Kotlin is an advantage as is experience of low-level development and associated paradigms (sockets, threads, async protocols, error handling).
Most importantly, here at R3 Engineering we want to work with engineers who want to continue to grow as software professionals and craftspeople and who are excited to deliver excellence.
- Work as a member of a team within the larger engineering group to prototype and experiment to validate the Corda architecture decisions
- Provide support to the functional and operational network system requirements and specifications as part of the Corda product delivery lifecycle
- Partner with neighbouring teams in designing, testing, deploying and operating highly scalable software defined network systems
- Design, implement and integrate systems to scale and automate network operations tasks
- Perform network and system performance analysis and tuning optimisations
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics to support R3 Engineering and Product Goals
- Assist in preparation of deliverables with due consideration for applicable codes and standards (Depth of Expertise: Focus is on role-specific subject matter expertise, knowledge and executional capability
- Contribute to the technical enablement of R3’s field teams
- Liaise with the R3 Support team to troubleshoot and address customer issues
- Strong understanding of computer science and engineering principles, most likely but not necessarily obtained through advanced academic study
- Experience delivering end-to-end platforms and services
- Familiarity of multiple layers of the infrastructure and application stack from systems / OS development through to networking, middleware and application logic
- Proven problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and service