The Strategic Sourcing Senior Manager will lead strategic sourcing projects to help Ross procure the best services and products at the most competitive cost.
This person will be responsible for leading strategic sourcing projects from start-to-finish, including process steps such as vendor research, category/market research, market index analysis, data analysis, baseline development, RFP development, bid management, negotiations, offer analysis and scenario development. This role will also be heavily involved in post-bid management, which includes activities such as spend analysis and vendor management. He / she will manage multiple projects at a time, as well as support ad-hoc sourcing inquiries.
Strong leadership skills, project management and communications are key in this role as this person will be interacting with many Ross employees especially within the Finance and Store Operations departments. He/she will also engage a wide variety of vendors to facilitate strategic sourcing processes and support other company-wide initiatives.
Drive Strategic Sourcing Process Execution
- Present and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Conduct detailed savings analysis and savings projections and synthesize into actionable recommendations
- Lead RFx (RFQ, RFP, RFI) processes from start to finish, for projects that vary in complexity
- Evaluate RFx responses (quantitatively and qualitatively)
- Conduct detailed market and vendor research and communicate these findings through meaningful research summaries
- Develop and manage complex short and long term project timelines
- Facilitate the development of award scenarios and recommendations for stakeholder evaluation, consideration and decision-making
- Work with the Director to identify and strategically grow the Strategic Sourcing practice with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Independently originate and execute project work plans and successfully deliver on timelines and project goals and objectives
- Potentially manage the Direct Imports program including multiple store fixtures categories. Interfacing with overseas suppliers in Asia and domestically in the USA is required.
Contract Development and Management
- Lead contract negotiations with internal stakeholders and Legal from simple to complex agreements
- Review contracts to assess for potential sourcing project opportunities
- Meet with Contracts Manager / Legal to follow-up on concerns relating to RFPs / sourcing projects
- Draft contract terms upon the conclusion of a sourcing project for stakeholder hand-off/execution
Ad-Hoc Analysis and Project Support
- Assist Director with planned and unplanned projects from stakeholders across the company
- Able to develop PowerPoint presentations for internal stakeholder communications / updates, also review other team members' deliverables.
- Analysis and Judgment
- Drives Results
- Business Acumen
- Technical Competence
- Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA/BS in Business, Economics, Accounting or Engineering. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Mandarin Chinese language skills is a plus.
- Minimum of 7-10 years strategic sourcing experience. Multi-category sourcing experience required, including sourcing of both products and services.
- Consulting experience preferred; experience in retail is a plus.
- Contract writing and management experience preferred.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Occasional international and domestic travel required with advanced notice given.
- Experience in working with raw material / market indices.
- Must have a data driven approach to solving problems.
- Requires very strong quantitative skills and a good sense of how to dissect problems.
- Must have very close attention to details and the drive to get things right with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work independently and keep a high level of focus.
- Must be able to listen, understand, and communicate with employees at all levels of the company.
- Needs to be able to build effective working relationships within Ross.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.