To accurately and timely enforce all lease provisions of lease agreements by and between Ross and its Landlords pertaining to repair and maintenance issues, sales reports, and Percentage Rent due the Landlords. Verify and update information in pdSiteLink for Percentage Rent and Maintenance and Repair Responsibilities.
- Contact Landlord regarding maintenance and repair issues related to the building and common areas in the shopping center that are Landlord's responsibility under the Lease and monitor the progress.
- Coordinate shopping center projects with Landlord and, if applicable, obtain Real Estate approval.
- Review each lease and/or amendments to determine what steps are necessary.
- Provide feedback to the Facility Coordinators whether or not the repair or replace is a responsibility under the Lease.
- Provide legal notice letters and casualty letters applicable to the Lease language for the specific repair requirements.
- Interact with Landlords in order to facilitate the repairs/replacements are completed timely under the Lease, and walk them through the provisions, if necessary.
- Set timely deadlines for self-help rights as described in the lease under the approval of the Property Management Director and Vice President of Property Management.
- Monitor and collect reimbursements from Landlords for self-help items.
- Provide monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual sales reports to Landlord on a timely basis and pay all percentage rent due under the Lease.
- Update Site Link of those areas under their responsibility, including understanding and obtaining the proper legal documentation to support such changes.
- Research information to be provided to Real Estate Law, by Property Management for Estoppels and Waivers.
- Other various projects and assignments as required by department.
- Analysis and judgment
- Planning & Organizing
- Customer Service
- Drive Results
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 2 years Property Management/Lease Administration experience.
- BA degree or equivalent Property Management experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Must have an ability to understand legal terminology and interpret Lease clauses; and demonstrate an ability to successfully argue those terms and interpretations.
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must have good negotiations skills.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be detailed oriented.
- Must be multi-task oriented.
- Must be able to meet multiple monthly deadlines.
- Must have strong Word and Excel skills.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.