Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets – passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment – Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary functions of this position are:
- To be proficient in the use of PLC (programmable logic controllers). This includes troubleshooting, programming and documentation of PLC control programs. Proficiency required with Allen-Bradley and Siemens PLC's.
- To be proficient with the use of robotics. This includes troubleshooting, teaching and programming of robotic programs. Proficiency required with FANUC and ABB Systems.
- Knowledge of miscellaneous production systems, such as HMI's, bar code readers, vision systems, etc…
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems (including automation control, AC and DC drives, mechanical drives and systems, sensors, and motor controls).
- To work with engineering and maintenance to offer solutions using hardware and software design to improve plant safety, increase productivity, improve quality, and decrease scrap.
- To collaborate with other functions to ensure project objectives are met on both modifications of existing equipment and installation of new equipment.
- Work with outside vendors to aid in successful project completion. Communicate all vendor visits and outcome to the maintenance manager.
- Must be capable of drawing PLC, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic prints.
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a 4 year degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Engineering Technology PLUS 2 years of verifiable work.
- In lieu of bachelors degree- a minimum of a 2 year degree in an associated technical field and 5 years of verifiable work plus training seminars in the above defined categories will be considered
- Computer based training to include – MS Office and Excel and AutoCAD.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to be a good leader. This would include strong interpersonal skills and communication to the maintenance technicians on a daily basis.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.