Our client, a leading Financial Services company, is seeking a talented Program Cloud Architect .
The Program Architect holds overall responsibility for the architecture vision, strategy and execution for a program, and is a valued contributor to the product roadmap. Key skills include extensive understanding of the core business architecture, strong partnerships with product, business and IT leaders, and broad technical expertise with emphasis on cloud computing and pipeline automation (DevOps). The Program Architect frequently collaborates with product on business goals and high-level strategy, and with the broader architect team and other IT teams to research, socialize and review solutions, identify best practices, assess application health, and drive execution. This is a leadership role requiring strategic thinking, taking initiative, and proactive interaction at many levels. Communication, relationship building, and leadership skills are paramount.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to company or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Guides, directs, and oversees architectural strategy and execution for a program; Has overall responsibility for program architecture vision, strategy, execution, and also alignment at an enterprise level
- Focuses most of the time on strategic activities, while also providing oversight and execution guidance for scrum teams
- Contributes to the product roadmap by partnering with product and business to understand and influence program goals and strategy, and informing on how technology can help achieve them
- Promotes and ensures architecture socialization, collaboration and transparency across the broader enterprise; Ensures socialization of solutions with related teams including Security, Risk, Infrastructure, Database, Support, and Operations; Is a trusted and influential voice at the Enterprise Architecture level
- Ensures architectural enablement and alignment for scrum teams; Facilitates discussions for scrum teams to collaborate on solutions with architects
- Facilitates establishment and maintenance of a reference architecture to increase efficiency and promote appropriate alignment on solutions
- Responsible for overall application portfolio health for a program; Oversees maintenance of an application inventory and ongoing assessment of stability, scalability, maintainability, performance, risk, and technical debt; Works with product to drive prioritized needs to the product roadmap
- Promotes and drives innovation and continuous improvement in process and technology; Encourages collaboration and input from fellow Architects and scrum teams
- Is a primary influencer for technology and tool selections; Ensures appropriate due diligence, alignment with overall organization, and cost effectiveness; Directly interacts with vendors
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Mentors others; Influences and encourages continuous learning and learning paths
- Provides technical leadership and guidance across a broad spectrum with a high degree of latitude
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- 15+ years' experience in Information Technology; Solution architecture experience required; Financial services industry experience preferred but not required
- Broad and deep technical knowledge and skills
- Ability to develop a comprehensive understanding of core business architecture and functions and collaborate with business leaders on goals and strategy
- Ability to think and act strategically; Ability to define and promote architectural strategies that enable long term business growth and success
- Excellent consultative and persuasive verbal/written communication skills; Ability to clearly articulate technical ideas, concepts, solutions to non-technical audiences
- Excellent presentation skills and executive delivery; Ability to collaborate with senior leaders
- Strong Leadership skills; Ability to build collaborative relationships to identify ideas, influence priorities, and drive things forward; Ability to mentor others
- Innovation and change-oriented mindset; Comfortable with questioning and suggesting change when opposition is likely
- Passion for continuous learning and innovation and staying up to date with current and emerging technologies.
- Extensive experience with major development platforms and tools
- Strong DevOps knowledge and expertise; Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration and Delivery and related tools, and Test Automation frameworks.
- Solid experience with prominent cloud platforms and features; Ability to lead design and delivery of effective cloud solutions
- Strong experience with major database platforms, and nosql solutions
- Extensive experience with SOA and distributed computing, microservices, and messaging platforms
- Experience with APM tools such as New Relic and AppDynamics
- Experience with containerization platforms and management tools
- Experience with security and authentication techniques and tools
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience with Mobile application development
- Experience with ETL / ETL design and dimensional modeling
- Experience with Networking, load balancing, Clustering, HA
- Experience with Storage solutions
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer