Sr Software Engineer
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
There are plenty of people in the world who accept the way things are. You’re not one of them and neither are we. We are Cox Automotive and our people are working together to solve the most pressing mobility challenges of our time. Right now, we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
Being a part of creating the future of transportation is what we consider a thrilling ride along an epic road. Cox Automotive is right in the heart of that exciting journey. Our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell, and use cars – and it is all driven by (you guessed it) our software. We’ve got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some amazing creations.
And now, we’re working on creating a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment where we lift each other up and share a deep commitment both to our people and to our purpose of building a brighter future for the next generation.
Let’s talk shop for a sec. Our platform has .NET Core/C# on the backend and React on the front end. The entire system is composed as a microservices architecture running on AWS.
If this sounds like a role you’d like to hear more about, keep reading. We’ve got all the details for you.
What You’ll Do
You’ll create new tools and platforms that empower your friends, family and millions of others to buy their next car completely online and fully in step with the latest technologies to keep your skills fresh. Down the road, you may end up driving innovation in other sectors where we operate like cleantech, health care and esports.
In this gig, you’ll have lots of opportunities to make a difference: for our partners, their customers, for Cox, and for your team. Here are just a few of the ways you’ll help make an impact as our next superstar Senior Software Engineer:
- You’ll create software which fully considers all aspects of performance, security, reliability, and monitoring in a multi-tenant SaaS platform.
- You’ll document and communicate the design of the systems you produce so that other team members can understand the system, top to bottom.
- You’ll be an active member of our Agile Scrum team, using daily standup, sprint planning, and retrospectives to conduct development.
- You’ll engage with our product management team so you can estimate, refine, and plan our product roadmap.
- You’ll monitor the software we produce to make certain it is performing as designed, and you’ll implement changes to the software when it isn’t performing as we need it to.
- You’ll integrate our software with internal and external systems to make it even more valuable across the Cox organization.
- You’ll create RESTful APIs for our front-end teams and external partners so they can access data and perform operations on the system.
- You’ll use our specialized software to keep up with the status of items and ensure there are no issues or concerns.
- You’ll serve as a mentor to junior team members, helping them master the art of debugging, testing strategies, design and achieving on-time delivery.
What’s In It For You?
Really good question, and we have some good answers that we hope you like.
- We want you to feel cared for and respected (like you do with our customers), and that starts with Cox’s highly competitive pay plus other compensation perks (401k + company matching, comprehensive medical benefits, etc.). We also offer discounted Cox services, tuition reimbursement for academic pursuits, adoption assistance, paid time off to volunteer, childcare and eldercare resources, pet insurance and much more.
- Good work should be rewarded, and not just with a healthy paycheck. And while we may be innovation obsessed, we never forget that we are human powered. So, it’s our goal to make sure you feel recognized for your contributions. It’s also important to work alongside colleagues who “get you.” At Cox, you’ll find a workplace where relationships are crafted with care and successes are celebrated with high fives. We strive to create an environment where you can do you, and everyone from leadership to new hires can support and feel supported.
- We know you’re always looking for growth and the opportunity to learn new things. At Cox Automotive, you’ll have all kinds of opportunities to expand your expertise and grow your skills in ways that will challenge and empower you.
- You’ll work alongside fantastic people who want to see you succeed. We know none of us is as smart as all of us, and we strive to bring out the best in everyone. Our beliefs, our ways of working and lifting each other up, our knowledge, and our commitment to people and purpose all form a cultural fabric that is remarkably flexible, but extraordinarily strong.
- You’ll also get to work with a wide range of products and technologies across the Cox Automotive ecosystem, allowing you to have a hands-on experience in transforming an industry. We don’t believe in limitations, only possibilities. Our technological capabilities combined with your wisdom and wizardry will allow us to grow the good and drive incredible innovation.
- You’ll quite literally have an opportunity to make the world a better place. That may sound like hyperbole, but it’s true. Across the Cox family of businesses, we’ve launched a movement to positively impact 34 million lives by 2034 in areas like technology access and education, social equity, and environmental sustainability through a wide range of company programs, partnerships, and employee volunteer opportunities.
Who You Are
You’re someone who understands great things never came out of comfort zones. The world is changing fast, and your grit, gray matter and grace will be essential to our success. Here are a few additional tidbits that describe you:
- You’ve proven your prowess in developing in C#/.NET Core, with at least 4 years of experience in the field.
- You also have experience writing SQL backed applications.
- You have a degree in Computer Science (or other engineering discipline), as well as 5+ years of work in Software Engineering (or some other combo of education and work-related experience).
- You also have experience in:
- Developing software which runs on and integrates in the Cloud (preferably AWS technologies such as ECS, SQS, and RDS)
- Creating APIs using RESTful techniques, as well as containerized solutions which can be run with Docker
- Creating new infrastructure with tools like Terraform and using distributed version control software such as Git
- Computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms
Apply now to join the Cox family of businesses!
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.