Student Accounts Associate
Delaware Valley University is accepting candidates for Student Accounts Associate role.
About the University
Founded in 1896, DelVal is an academically rigorous interdisciplinary university dedicated to the sciences and liberal arts. Today, its more than 1,000 acres of land is a testament to the University‘s mission to provide a functional, hands-on learning environment for students, serving as an outdoor classroom for several fields of study. DelVal offers students a wide array of undergraduate, graduate and continuing education degree programs and is one of the few higher education institutions that requires an experiential learning component that is award-winning. DelVal has received numerous accolades including being named to Princeton Review’s 2022 “Best in the Northeast” and U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 “Best Regional Universities-North” lists.
Nestled in Bucks County, PA, known for its picturesque landscapes, DelVal is only 30 miles north of Philadelphia, and is easily accessible by regional rail located on campus.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Student Accounts, this position will provide excellent customer service to students and parents; communicate information to assist students and families in understanding their financial relationship to the University. The position will assist in the continued improvement of the University’s collection efforts by analyzing and updating the student holds and payment processes; making phone calls to follow up on delinquent accounts; and assisting past due account holders with payment arrangements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Front line customer service for account inquiries and processing payments for AR and non-AR balances
- Provide excellent customer service while analyzing account balances in response to inquiries via email, telephone and in person to students and authorized agents
- Place and release balance holds
- Review and release official and unofficial transcript requests when appropriate
- Listen to customer needs, address concerns and offer solutions in a calm manner
- Assist Military and Veterans Affairs Office on cost certifications
- Work with financial aid on miscellaneous scholarships and loans
- Review student payment plans for completeness and accuracy
- Perform diligent follow-up on missing and/or late payments
- Follow up on uncashed checks
- Process RAM dollars form submissions and enter Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) )release information
- Work additional hours (evening and weekends) during peak processing periods to meet critical deadlines. Assist with University events as needed which might include occasional evening and weekend commitments
- Assist in placing charges on student accounts
- Assist in providing a timely and accurate billing process
- Assist with setting up online payment plans
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in an open office
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of Ellucian Colleague and/or TouchNet
- Strong organizational skills
Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree in accounting or related field. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum years of experience for this position: 2-3 years
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Occasionally lifting 25 lbs or less
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.