- PURPOSE OF JOB:
To provide professional nursing care in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, to collaborate with the physician and interdisciplinary team to provide patient care, to promote patient flow, and to execute the objectives and the policies of the hospital.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses plans, implements, documents, and coordinates patient care according to departmental and hospital standards and gives consideration to age-specific accommodations.
- Communicates and collaborates with patients, physicians, family members, and other healthcare disciplines in order to achieve excellence in the patient care experience during hospitalization.
- Promotes patient safety through adherence to protocols, policies, procedures, evidence-based guidelines, the Joint Commission Standards and National Patient Safety Goals.
- Actively participates in and supports departmental and organizational quality initiatives and goals inclusive of optimizing patient flow.
- Maintains clinical competency according to unit specific standards.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current licensure in Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of State Bureau of Occupational and Professional Affairs and successful completion of appropriate continuing education specific to job requirements.
- BSN required. CEN strongly preferred.
- Experience: 1 year Nursing experience
- Other Skills:
- Certification in BLS for Healthcare Provider
- ACLS required upon hire
- PALS required within 12 months of hire
- NIHSS certification required within 3 months of hire