Delaware Valley University is accepting candidates for HVAC Mechanic.
About the University
Founded in 1896, DelVal is an academically rigorous interdisciplinary university dedicated to the sciences and liberal arts. Today, its more than 1,000 acres of land is a testament to the University‘s mission to provide a functional, hands-on learning environment for students, serving as an outdoor classroom for several fields of study. DelVal offers students a wide array of undergraduate, graduate and continuing education degree programs and is one of the few higher education institutions that requires an experiential learning component that is award-winning. DelVal has received numerous accolades including being named to Princeton Review’s 2022 “Best in the Northeast” and U.S. News & World Report’s 2022 “Best Regional Universities-North” lists. Nestled in Bucks County, PA, known for its picturesque landscapes, DelVal is only 30 miles north of Philadelphia, and is easily accessible by regional rail located on campus.
The individual is required to follow recognized procedures and techniques to safely perform duties of plant maintenance and operation work peculiar to the HVAC trade, following recognized procedures and techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, installs, repairs and replaces pipes, fittings and HVAC equipment to maintain the heating and cooling systems of the buildings mechanical plants
- Repairs and maintains boilers, chillers, pumps, exp tanks, air separators, air handlers, air compressors, heat exchangers, relief valves, heat pumps, fan coil units, VAV units
- Repair and troubleshoot refrigeration systems and other climate control systems such as walk-in boxes, reach-in refrigerators, ice machines and beverage equipment
- Inspect all connection and other parts of above systems for leaks or defects
- Replaces defective pipe by cutting, bending, threading and assembling pipe
- Changes filters and belts, lubricate, check pressure and temperature, adjust and replace broken parts
- Cleans out condensate pans and drains on air handler, heat pumps, a/c split systems
- Evacuates and charges a/c split systems
- Maintains a daily and preventive maintenance log of the mechanical space of each building
- As required, estimates materials needed and record time and material expended in work of the HVAC contractors
- During the heating season, maintains all hot water and steam boiler systems daily
- Performs on–call duties as per the Facilities Management On-Call Policy
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to comprehend written and oral instruction in order to perform maintenance and repairs as required by work order
- Working knowledge of how to operate hot water, low and medium pressure steam boilers safely
- Working knowledge of air and water cooled chillers, packaged HVAC units, and ductless split systems
- Working knowledge of a voltmeter
- Working knowledge of control systems
- Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- Trade or vocational school graduation.
- Five (5) years of field service experience relating to the HVAC industry.
- An HVAC apprenticeship or equivalent on the job training.
- EPA Universal Certification.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Occasionally lifting 50 lbs or less
- Frequently lifting 25 lbs or more
- Typically standing or walking
- Typically bending, crouching, stooping
- Climbing ladders, scaffolds
- Typically running, climbing
- Using tools requiring high dexterity
- Outdoor exposure to weather
- Exposure to chemicals
- Exposure to moving machinery
- High noise environment
- High dust, dirt, grease environment
- Must hold valid driver’s license
- May have an alternative work schedule
- May be required to be on-call
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.