Assistant Coach of Women's Wrestling
Delaware Valley University is seeking a seasonal 4-month part-time Assistant Women’s Wrestling Coach working 20 hours per week. This position includes assisting the head coach in program design, supervising and controlling all activities related to the sport, including recruitment.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating leadership, sportsmanship and conduct becoming of the coaching profession
- Reviewing any rule changes relative to College Women’s Wrestling; always adhering to all rules, regulations and policies of the NCAA and MAC
- Assisting the head coach with annual recruiting goals and attempting to enroll a diverse group of qualified student athletes capable of participation at Division III varsity level
- Assisting in organizing and conducting an appropriate number of practice sessions and directing all activities during contests
- Preparing a schedule of team activities in conjunction with the head coach that complies with departmental policies, goals and objectives
- Assisting the head coach with coordination of team travel, housing meals and funds
- Communicating and cooperating with the training staff regarding athletic medical clearances, injury prevention, rehabilitation and status of injured athletes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Strong managerial, administrating, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency
- CPR/First Aid certification is preferred
- Ability to work some evenings, weekends and occasional overnights
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior coaching experience is preferred
Selected applicants will be responsible for providing the University with clearances, appropriate to the position, that have been completed within the last 5 years. These clearances include: Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check, FBI Fingerprints completed by IDENTGO, Pennsylvania Child Abuse History clearance.
Delaware Valley University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce.