Senior Datastage Engineer
Primary Location – Downers Grove, IL
V-Soft Consulting is currently hiring for a Senior Datastage Engineer for our premier client in Downers Grove, IL. This is a contract position in the eCommerce industry.
Seeking a Sr. BI ETL Engineer who can build new ETL and help with level 3 support. Candidate will also be responsible for designing, architecting and implementing large scale data warehouse solutions with an emphasis on ETL and report development. The candidate will work with the business, DBAs, ETL developers, and data modelers to deliver comprehensive business-facing BI solutions. The ideal candidate will have IBM DataStage (or similar ETL tool) experience combined with experience in database development (Netezza & SQL Server), data modeling, data warehouse & Cloud development methodologies. This position is an engineering position and the person should be able to go from data warehouse design to data modeling.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Education and Experience »
- 3-5 years Business Intelligence / Data Warehouse experience
- 3-5 years ETL tool experience (preferably IBM DataStage)
- 3-5 years Advanced Structured Query Language (SQL) programming experience
- 2-5 years Relational Databases experience (preferable Microsoft SQL Server and/or IBM Netezza)
- Strong communication skills with emphasis on teamwork and collaboration with offshore
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic and an ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment
- BS/BA in CS
- Demonstrated experience with multiple full cycle BI implementations in a technical architect role, utilizing business analysis skills during an iterative development cycle
- Data modeling a plus (Normalized and Multidimensional for Data Marts, including Star Schema, Snow-Flake Modeling, Fact and Dimensional Modeling)
- Strong understanding of IBM DataStage/QualityStage
- Nice to have COGNOS BI tools including Framework Manager, Transformer, Report Studio, Analysis Studio, Query Studio, and Metric Studio
- Nice to have experience with Cloud data services
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Job Responsibilities »
- Lead the definition, planning, design and implementation of overall BI ETL solutions as applied to the Data Warehouse, Data Marts, and other business efforts.
- Design and develop DataStage ETL jobs and sequences that meet end user requirements.
- Integrate partner data feeds into existing data models.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in multiple technical and business areas as well as performing a larger leadership role in the organization.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to blend technical and analytical insight, and effectively communicate findings to both business and IT leaders.
- Identify current and emerging technologies that are consistent with BI Architecture and ETL best practices.
- Work with Platform Architects to assist and support eCommerce and Supply Chain platform to integrate data from Cloud functions.
- Promote standards and best practices in data modeling, ETL and report development.
- Participate in on-call rotation activities
Interested? Qualified candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
V-Soft Consulting is a trusted partner with experience across diverse technology stacks to help business get IT done. What makes V-Soft different? Our expertise is derived from over 20 years of delivering world-class IT staffing, consulting, engineering and managed services to Fortune 1000 and mid-market companies in the U.S., Canada, and Asia.
V-Soft is headquartered in Louisville, KY with strategic locations in India, Canada, and across the U.S., including Madison, Chicago, Denver, Harrisburg and Atlanta. V-Soft has been recognized among the top 100 fastest growing staffing companies in North America, and is known for the ability to provide highly qualified consultants for any project at any scale. V-Soft has a wide variety of partnerships across diverse technology stacks, and holds such titles as MuleSoft Certified Delivery Resource, Oracle Gold Partner, ServiceNow Partner, Microsoft Partner, and Cisco Registered Partner, amongst many others.
Like what you hear? Apply with V-Soft today!
For more information or to view all our open jobs, please visit www.vsoftconsulting.com or call (844) 425-8425.