Logistics Project Manager
Apply now “
Date: Aug 13, 2019
Location: Downers Grove, US
Company: Dover Corporation
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of approximately $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through three operating segments: Engineered Systems, Fluids and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of 26,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under “DOV.“ Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
DOVER GLOBAL SOURCING
TRANSPORTATION CATEGORY SPECIALIST / PROJECT MANAGER
Corporate office in Downers Grove, IL
The person(s) hired into this role will contribute to world-class implementations of supply agreements and center led transportation activities. This person will also provide analytical and project management support for the Transportation Team at Dover Corporate. The individual will perform as a professional data analyst / project manager, act as a corporate representative of the Transportation Team initiatives, and interact with senior and executive management throughout the company.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Project management of transportation initiatives from initial opportunity assessment through supplier engagement and implementation
- Communications of category strategies and direction to all levels of the organization and with our customers, the OpCos
- Alliance management of key supplier partnerships and high level relationships
- Further develop suppliers to support the Dover organization
- RFQ development to support Transportation activity across Dover.
- Develop rapport and confidence of our internal customers, the Dover OpCos, and our suppliers to enhance collaboration and improve project adoption
- Qualitative profile development and analysis (executive summaries, exhibit creation, etc.).
- Monthly/quarterly reporting of KPI's (savings tracking, price variances, quality, delivery, inventory).
- Lead development of Dover scorecard and metrics utilizing Tableau.
- Maintain group data (agreements, project results, supplier communication, etc.).
- Analysis and reporting to all levels of organization when analyzing transportation spend across OpCos.
- Index reporting, Transportation Web Site maintenance, and communications to primary OpCo logistic leaders, as necessary.
- Lead TMS activities at corporate and OpCo locations.
- Other ad hoc projects and analysis as assigned.
Abilities and Attributes:
Special Position Requirements:
- Effectively communicate to all team members, multiple operating company stakeholders, senior management, and suppliers
- Prioritize and organize workload and control detailed complexities across multiple projects
- Develop and grow relationships with stakeholders and leadership promoting and expanding the transportation sourcing process within assigned projects
- Experience in transportation procurement, logistic and supply chain processes, as well as knowledge in various modes of international and domestic transportation.
- Prior Sourcing experience in a forward-looking and progressive company. Experience with other Indirects categories is a strong plus
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal direction.
- Interest to grow in the role and to grow with Dover.
- Ability to work in a complex, matrixed, multi-national corporate/subsidiary environment
- Up to 20% travel required, with occasional trips lasting two consecutive weeks.
- Some international travel may be required.
- Normal office environment.
- Leadership: Demonstrates a high energy level and the capacity to work at a very fast pace. A penchant for action, a “can do“ attitude that creates and responds positively to new business ideas and challenges. The ability to lead by example and knowledge.
- Business Acumen: Has a general management perspective, understands how to develop and deploy information, and conduct financial analysis. Envisions the big picture and is able to breakdown projects into implementable phases, given business priorities and considerations. Exhibits organizational mentoring and decision-making.
- Communication Skills: Communicates professionally and effectively in all forums, including suppliers, consultants, corporate management, and the internal organizations. Demonstrates exciting presentation skills, written skills, and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively internally and externally.
- Project management Skills: Proven ability to effectively lead projects that span many locations.
- Creativity: Has the ability to demonstrate leadership to create growth in a company. Has the ability to excel in an environment that experienced fast growth and relishes new business development and dynamic markets.
- Problem-Solving Mindset: Possesses curiosity and a passion for learning and acquisition of new knowledge. Enjoys assessing and analyzing complex business problems, and developing compelling alternatives and solutions. Is capable of problem-solving independently and in collaboration with others.
- Spirit/Confidence: Exhibits confidence and overall positive attitude. Maintains a “take charge“ attitude, persistence, tenacity and drive focused on finding a way to accomplish the objectives. Influences others by excitement and sense of urgency.
Candidates should demonstrate at least 5 to 7 years' experience in transportation, logistics, supply chain, data analytics and project management. In addition, experience with TMS systems including implementation a plus. Knowledge of manufacturing operations and global sourcing (Indirect or Direct) would be beneficial.
- Bachelor degree in Supply Chain, Business, Science, or Engineering
- Experience and training in strategic sourcing, supply chain management, data analysis and/or the procurement processes
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications; advanced word processing and database skills required.
- Professional Procurement, Supply Chain and/or Project Management certifications (e.g., CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, CPM, etc.) a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Illinois : Downers Grove
Sub Division : Dover Corporation
Job Requisition ID : 29672