Adjunct Faculty - ACLS/BLS Instructor-Clinical Skills and Simulation Center
The Midwestern University Clinical Skills and Simulation Center (CSC) invites applications for on-call (part-time) adjunct faculty positions to instruct American Heart Association ACLS and BLS courses, located on the Downers Grove, Illinois Campus.
Adjunct Instructor jobs entail creativity and the ability to follow standard AHA ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) / BLS (Basic Life Support) curriculum. The instructor should have practical experience in performing the skills taught and the ability to communicate the skills to students in a clear and precise manner.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Competent in effective delivery of AHA ACLS information and materials
- Competent in effective delivery of AHA BLS information and materials.
- Courses will primarily be geared toward Midwestern University Healthcare Programs where ACLS and/or BLS will be required curriculum for graduation of several programs.
- Instructors must be able to adapt their teaching to the level of the learner in a compassionate professional manner.
- Courses are scheduled periodically throughout the year – must be reliable.
- Pay: ACLS = $45 hr.; BLS $30 hr.
- American Heart Association ACLS / BLS Instructor in good standing (in one or all courses) and affiliated with a current Training Center.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Graduate from an accredited program in your designated certification as an E.M.T, Paramedic, R.N., Respiratory Therapist, Physician Assistant, M.D., or D.O.
Midwestern University is a private, not-for-profit organization that provides graduate and post-graduate education in the health sciences. The University has two campuses, one in Downers Grove, Illinois and the other in Glendale, Arizona. More than 6,000 full-time students are enrolled in graduate programs in osteopathic medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, physician assistant studies, physical therapy, occupational therapy, nurse anesthesia, cardiovascular perfusion, podiatry, optometry, clinical psychology, speech language pathology, biomedical sciences and veterinary medicine. Over 500 full-time faculty members and 400 staff members are dedicated to the education and development of our students in an environment that encourages learning, respect for all members of the health care team, service, interdisciplinary scholarly activity, and personal growth.
The Downers Grove, IL campus opened in 1986 and is located on a beautiful, wooded, 105 acre campus just 25 miles west of Chicago, IL. The Glendale, AZ campus opened in 1996 and sits on a spacious 143 acre campus just outside of Phoenix, AZ. The University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. We encourage you to visit www.midwestern.edu for additional details about our dynamic University.
For more information, contact:
Nicol R. Crenshaw, MBA, CCEMT-P, NRP
Clinical Simulation Educator, Clinical Skills and Simulation Center
Midwestern University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not discriminate against an employee or applicant based upon race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veterans status, in accord with 41 C.F.R. 60-1.4(a), 250.5(a), 300.5(a) and 741.5(a). Midwestern University complies with the Smoke-Free Arizona Act (A.R.S. 36-601.01) and the Smoke