- Performs manual labor duties related to the erosion control projects.
- Works in a safe manner.
- Properly loads and unloads trucks and truck trailers each day.
- Ensures that materials and tools are put in their designated areas and that job sites are maintained clean.
- Must follow all safety rules on each job. Most safety rules are “site specific”.
- Participate in every Job Safety meeting, each day before work is performed.
- Report to their supervisors any unsafe conditions, near misses or accidents.
- Follows safety rules when operating equipment.
Must be able to operate or learn to operate:
- Skid Steer
- Operate industrial size hose while in motion
- Blower machine
- Walk up and down slopes as great as 50% grade.
- Swing a 12 to 16 lb. sledge hammer to drive wooden stakes 12 inches into the ground.
- Carry 50 to 60 lb. straw bales.
- Carry 50 lb. bags of seed, Fertilizer.
- Drag 5” diameter hose up to 150’ in length through rough terrain, such as stumps, rocks etc.
- Carry rolls of fence up or down slopes.
- Must be able to easily traverse unlevel or slippery ground and work in muddy conditions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required and at least 6 months related experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Extensive physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
- Must be able to read and follow routine specifications.
- Willingness to travel.
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.