Job title: Part-time Meat Market Sales Associate
Department: Meat Department
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide outstanding customer service. Communicate with and assist customers in selection of product.
- Identify, wrap, price, and weigh all meat department items in accordance with specified procedures outlined by standard practice.
- Stock the fresh, frozen, and self-service cases using proper rotation procedures.
- Assist meat cutters by scraping and traying products, cubing steaks, and grinding ground meats.
- Receive any meat delivery, code, rotate, and put in appropriate storage area.
- Wash, rinse and sanitize all cases, wrap stations/area, scaling equipment, cooler, cutting room, including disassembling and re-assembling equipment therein.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and government regulations.
- Meet all applicable Management Planning guidelines.
- Treat all co-workers with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Develop product knowledge in all areas of the meat department including cooking procedures.
- Assist in special projects and perform other functions as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in training of other associates when assigned.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed personal appearance at all times; comply with company personal appearance policy.
- Maintain solid communication in the department and throughout the organization.
- Support company safety standards. Communicate any needed equipment repairs or maintenance work needed. Keep work area free from debris and safety hazards.
- Observe and maintain company sanitation and food safety standards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned. Requirements Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal skills and desire to work in a team environment.
- Must meet minimum age requirements.
- Effective customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn multiple tasks and technical requirements of the job.
- Lift cases or packages of meat products weighing 1-40lb. frequently and 100 lb. on occasion.
- Meet established volume activity standards.
- Stand or walk 100% of the time while working in temperatures of 45 degrees F the majority of the time.
- Perform repetitive grasping, twisting, reaching and hand/arm motions as the product is identified, wrapped, priced and weighed.
- Be able to handle a variety of substances associated with cleaning materials, packaging materials and meat products.
- Frequent bending. Apply On-line