Second Shift- 2:00pm-10:30pm
Under limited supervision, performs general electrical work using hand tools and testing instruments. Completes all required maintenance tasks as part of preventive maintenance programs. Troubleshoots systems to determine required repairs and completes as required.
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment and appliances within assigned buildings i.e.., installs device receptacles, provides connection to computer workstations, replaces fuses and/or faulty switches, etc.
- Performs preventive maintenance and inspections on building electrical equipment and systems i.e., tests electrical lighting, monitors systems. Ensures all required tasks are completed per the manufacturer specifications.
- Assists in developing preventive maintenance programs for all equipment. Troubleshoots electrical equipment and systems and/or diagnoses the cause of trouble and makes repairs i.e., corrects any emergency power outages.
- Maintains work logs i.e., records of wiring. Prepares various reports as necessary.
- Performs general building maintenance functions as required.
- Performs additional duties as requested i.e., maintains inventory for supplies and parts, requisitions parts/equipment as needed, performs various general maintenance functions as requested, coordinates activities of outside contractors.
- Assists in determining budget estimates for necessary electrical work.
Ability to troubleshoot problems and take immediate action in emergency situations. Ability to read all blueprints, or systems diagrams. Requires extensive working knowledge of electrical equipment and systems. Holds a master electrician's (Journeyman's) license. Trade school education plus 3-5 years of directly related electrical work experience and some supervisory experience.