The physical security Field Technician will be responsible for installing wireless access points, electrified door hardware, access control panels, analog and IP cameras, camera servers (NVR), power supplies, cable pathway systems and various structured cabling systems including, but is not limited to, fiber optic cabling systems, twisted pair cable, low voltage cable and coax Installations are performed in both new construction and retrofit scenarios in a variety of environments. Ideal candidate would be located somewhere between Dover, DE, and Washington, DC.
- Install structured cabling systems (copper, fiber, low-voltage)
- Install network switches, wireless access points and other IP devices Physical
- Install various CCTV; analog and IP cameras
- Install various types of NVR’s and VMS platforms
- Install cable pathway systems
- Install, terminate, test, label and document horizontal, backbone and other cables
- Learn installation best practices from Lead technicians
- Work in a team environment with project manager, lead technician and other field technicians
- Perform other duties, as required
- Keep track of daily tasks completed
- Keep track of hours worked
- Assist with clean-up
- Learn new skills without being asked
- Participate in project commissioning and testing
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Current and continued certification in at least one VMS system
- Current and continued certification in at least one structured cabling system
- At least one year’s experience as an Installer (or equivalent position)
- Successfully pass a back ground check and drug screen
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of networking principles, IP camera technology, controller hardware, door hardware and credential technologies
- Ability to terminate and test category cable and fiber optic cable
- Basic knowledge of low voltage principles (ohm’s law, load calculations, metering, etc.)
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, line diagrams and specifications
- Ability to communicate adequately with customer representatives in the field
- Ability and willingness to serve as a mentor for Installers and/or junior Field Technicians Work closely with lead technicians, project managers and team members to ensure successful delivery of excellence within budget
Spends more than 2/3 of time standing, kneeling/crouching/stooping, using hands and reaching. Spends approximately 1/3 of time walking and talking/hearing. Frequent lifting required of items 25-50 pounds.
May require driving to project sites. May be exposed to variable weather conditions. Other conditions may include proximity to forklifts or other heavy machinery and using various tools and hardware. Worker is subject to frequent heavy lifting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.