BASICPURPOSE: Reporting to the Director of Human Resources,the Generalist of Human Resource is responsible in supporting the Director of Human Resources and performs varioushuman resources duties in areas to include regulatory and compliance programs,internal recruiting, employment, compensation, benefits, performancemanagement, training, employee relations, or other special projects. He/shewill be dedicated to develop new programs and initiatives to meet the needs ofthe business and drive organizational effectiveness. He/she will also serve asa contact for employees regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Provide HR guidance and offer input on decisions that require sound HR practices and perspectives.
- Responsible for the maintenance of HR compliance and audit programs (DOT,FAA, DHS, TSA, OSHA, DOL)
- Ensures compliance for the Company with governmental regulations through administration of HR audits and compliance programs.
- Maintain currency on regulatory requirements, industry best practices, trends, and other information as related to job functions.
- Manage on-site FAA Drug and Alcohol program under the guidance of the Drug & Alcohol Program Manager.
- Manage all compliance activities to include EEOC/Affirmative Action Program/OFCCP, ADA/ADAA, E-Verify, WC, unexpected occurrence reporting, FMLA, COBRA, etc.
- Responsible for entering I-9’s on E-verify and auditing for federal compliance.
- Responsible for generation of HR metrics (recruiting, turnover, etc) and identifying trends and resolutions.
- Serve as contact for employees on HR-related issues regarding policies and procedures and advise HR Director of employee relations issues. Identify employment regulations, legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Oversee training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, sexual harassment and diversity awareness.
- Receive and track employment applications. Pre-screen candidates and schedule interviews as requested; prepare offer letters.
- Conduct New Hire processing and orientation, training and ongoing training, assisting with enrollment forms, expectations, policies and procedures, employment benefits, hours of work, schedules, time off, for the purpose of ensuring employees are knowledgeable of current practices and administrative processes as well as completion of forms.
- Accurately enters new hires, terminations, transfers, promotions and any required information into the company’s computer systems.
- Assist employees with benefit related questions and enrollment.
- Enter employee schedule changes, research pay discrepancies and correct time when necessary. Review and submit absentee forms to Payroll department.
- Other duties may be assigned to support the organization and its goals.
- Represent the company externally to government agencies as required including at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
EDUCATION:MinimumHigh School Diploma is required. Associate’s Degree in BusinessAdministration or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Human ResourceManagement or equivalent.
- Requires hands on experience in: Recruiting, EmployeeRelations/Engagement; Training & Development; Performance Management;Compliance (EEOC, FMLA, ADA, etc) and Benefits.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent planning, time management, communication,decision-making, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage wellthrough ambiguity and complexity
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.