Requisition Number: DISTR06118
Do you have a proven track record in sales? Can you work independently to grow sales? If you answered yes to all of these questions, AND you have excellent interpersonal skills, this may be the job for you!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The District Sales Manager is responsible for carrying out all sales and marketing activities in a specified geographical territory so as to maintain, develop and grow the overall sales volume in that territory in a manner that maximizes profitability.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Deep working knowledge of local agricultural crops and market practices
- Provides clear direction and can motivate individuals and teams
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficient working with MS Office Suite
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders without formal authority
- Skilled at managing multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills and project planning
- Excellent communication skills
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables Include:
- Plan and organize sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business goals.
- Plan and develop dealer/distributor network in specified territory according to agreed market development strategy.
- Motivate dealers and distributors to promote a portfolio of products and services.
- Educate growers, dealers & distributors on new products.
- Conduct direct farm visits to growers in order to promote and sell a portfolio of products.
- Conduct direct visits to dealers and distributors to assist in selling a portfolio of products.
- Sell and service equipment related to the application of fertilizer products.
- Install and help to install equipment as related to the application of fertilizer products.
- Sell storage tanks as related to the storage of fertilizer products.
- Deliver fertilizer, parts & equipment and storage tanks to dealers and farmers as required.
- Conduct grower meetings to promote the use of products.
- Attend farm shows to promote the use of products and services.
- Locate and develop test plot locations as it relates to research & development program.
- Manage and collect accounts receivable as required to keep receivables current.
- Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to earn a performance-based bonus based on results
- Comprehensive employee health, retirement benefit offerings including a monthly car allowance
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
NACHURS is a Wilbur-Ellis business.
For over 70 years, NACHURS® has been the industry leader in NPK LIQUID FERTILIZER TECHNOLOGY. Built on quality, integrity, and innovation, we pioneered precision-placed liquid fertilizer in 1946 – formulated to meet the nutritional demands of crops and growing conditions on both sides of the border. Our liquid fertilizers are marketed under the ALPINE brand and NACHURS brands in North America. The New Ag Markets Business Unit sells liquid fertilizer into turf, specialty, international, and private label markets. Products sold into oil and gas markets, transportation and mining markets and industrial chemical markets are all sold under the NASi brand. Nachurs Alpine Solutions has manufacturing plants located in Garretson, SD, Marion, OH, Corydon, IN, Red Oak, IA, St. Gabriel, LA, New Hamburg, ON and Belle Plaine, SK.
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-five years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment