- Provides recreational therapy as part of each resident’s treatment plan.
- Completes the initial recreational assessment and comprehensive assessments on each resident for diagnostic conferences and narratives.
- Completes weekly progress notes for each resident.
- Completes review of objectives in each resident’s treatment plan every thirty days.
- Instructs recreation skill clinic intramurals.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs projects participation for residents when indicated as part of their treatment plan.
- Prepares weekly community activities sheet for residents’ participation.
- Coordinates recreation activities with RTF staff.
- Leads and interprets the recreation program to enhance involvement of the staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Assists with the instruction of the child care milieu staff in recreation workshops.
- Evaluates resident’s readiness for involvement in community recreation programs.
- Locates, recommends, and involves residents in community recreation programs.
- Orders supplies and equipment for recreation services with prior approval of program director.
- Attends in-service as indicated.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Master’s degree in therapeutic recreation from a program approved by the NYSED, current registration as a therapeutic recreation specialist by the National Therapeutic Recreation Society (NTRS).
- 3 years post-registration experience in treating mentally ill children.· Acceptable clearance checks for State Central Register, Driver license and fingerprinting as required by the program.· Compliance with health regulations for physical/mantoux testing.
· Attending TCI class for certification/re-certification and passing a test upon completion of course is a minimum requirement for employment
SCO Family of Services is an equal opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.