Dickinson/Watford City ND
ENTREC offers 100% Employer paid benefits, which include health, dental, and vision coverage!
ENTREC is a leading provider of heavy lift and specialized heavy haul services with offerings encompassing crane services, heavy haul transportation, engineering, logistics and support. ENTREC has quickly become an industry leader – and boasts an industry-leading fleet of 200 cranes, 375 lines of hydraulic platform trailers, 190 tractors, and 750 multi-wheeled trailers across 13 locations strategically sited in key energy centers in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, North Dakota, Colorado and Texas. ENTREC is dedicated to continuing its track-record of safety success and growth.
Our North Dakota location is currently recruiting for a experienced Mechanic for our Dickinson, North Dakota. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that ENTREC equipment such as cranes, trucks, and trailers are maintained in good working condition by inspecting, diagnosing, repairing and servicing the fleet in the shop or in the field.
- Servicing and repairing trailers, trucks, and cranes including field repairs when required.
- Diagnose equipment problems and determine repair needs; determine priority repairs with guidance from the Shop Forman
- Perform preventative maintenance and required repairs on the fleet to ensure good working condition
- Annual mechanical inspections / cranes / pickers.
- Coordinate with parts personal to ensure parts are available for the job prior to starting work; should the job require parts not in stock, request appropriate part for purchase.
- Accurately complete all necessary paperwork including Field Level Risk Assessment prior to starting job and work order completion thorough the duration of job; work order to include time, assets, parts used, description of work done, and hours taken to complete.
- Possess the ability to stop work on one repair job and begin work on a higher priority job that comes into the shop as directed by the Lead Hand / Mechanics; effectively transition back to prior job when required.
- Truck & trailer experience essential.
- Knowledge of electrical / hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Able to read, understand, and follow safety procedures & policies.
- Must be self-motivated, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Must be able to present self in a positive, professional manner to colleagues.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts & draw conclusions.
- Communications skills are a must. Require the ability to effectively present information, and respond to questions from peers, managers, and dispatchers.
- Cummins & CAT experience.
- Electrical and Maintenance background with heavy equipment and cranes.
- Previous experience working with All Terrain, Crawler, and Rough Terrain Cranes.
Work is performed primarily in the North Dakota shop and out in the file when required. On occasion, the successful candidate may also be required to work outside standard business hours. Strength and stamina is required to work with heavy equipment and work in cramped or awkward positions.
ENTREC offers a generous benefit package and is a leader in employee compensation. We offer excellent wages, competitive benefits, participation in a company matching retirement plan.
ENTREC is ranked within the top 15 crane companies in North America.
- Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Please ensure that your application outlines the required and asset qualifications (if applicable), failure to do so will result in your application being screened out.