Requisition Number: SAFET02791
- For each of the major Lines of Businesses provided, evaluate the operations of large and complex commercial accounts to assess the level of risk and identify potential loss producing conditions and practices as well as the presence and effectiveness of controls. Consult with underwriters on the conditions identified and complete written risk assessments in accordance with internal quality assessment guidelines.
- Analyze the loss history of accounts to identify loss sources, trends in accident frequency and severity, reach meaningful conclusions from the analyses, and provide a clear summary of those analyses to customers, agents, and underwriters. When applicable, develop effective risk reduction recommendations and/or ongoing risk management objectives.
- Provide ongoing risk management services for customers in need of risk management support and strive to ensure customer’s level of risk is being adequately managed.
- Develop effective and ongoing communication with internal business partners and agents to ensure the conveyance of timely information for new and renewal business opportunities as well as consultative communication with customers. Prepare professionally written business letters to communicate activities to external customers and agents including managing recommendations developed and submitted to reduce and manage the level of risk.
- Efficiently manage work scheduling in order to meet both internal and external customer needs.
- Prepare and present high level technical presentations and risk management training programs to internal and external customers on a variety of risk management topics and issues.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of risk management techniques, technology, and earn and maintain designations through self-education and training programs. This includes the application of nationally recognized codes and standards as well as appropriate state regulations in reducing the level of risk for customers.
- Advanced level of knowledge sharing and mentoring of less experienced team members on larger more complex accounts.
- Must be able to drive an automobile to travel within territory. Car travel represents approximately 60-70% of employee’s time and a valid driver’s license.
- College degree is preferred.
- Successful completion of INS 21 (Property and Liability Insurance Principles) and INS 23 (Commercial Insurance) is preferred. A proficiency in assessing and managing risk developed through 5-7 years of significant field based risk management experience. Strong problem solving abilities along with ability to apply OSHA, NFPA and other applicable technical standards. Risk evaluation and assessment techniques of various exposures and controls by established line of business.
- Ability to travel and meet with customers and agents to assess and maintain risk.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and agents and encourage the implementation of risk management strategies to reduce the level of risk and the potential for loss.
- Must be able to build effective business partnerships with internal team members and agents.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace.