The BPX Operating Company (BPX) Permian Business Unit is seeking an entry-level Regulatory Analyst to assist with execution of BPX’s development program while maintaining compliance with Texas rules and regulations. The Regulatory Analyst will report to the Reservoir Engineering Manager and work out of BPX Operating Company’s (BPX) Denver, CO office.
This position will be responsible for: handling development and operations regulatory related filings associated with well activity, timely submission of reports after the work is completed, submitting tax exemptions/rebates on qualifying wells and maintaining and updating data in internal data tracking systems.
1. Provide regulatory and permitting support to assist in complying with Texas Railroad Commission rules and regulations.
2. File appropriate regulatory documents with Texas Railroad Commission including:
- Form W-1/ W-1H Drill Permit
- Form P-12 – Certification of Pooling Authority
- Form P-16 – Acreage Designation
- Form GW-1 – Groundwater Protection Determination Request
- Recycled Domestic Wastewater Minor Permit Application
- Form H-9 Certificate of Compliance SWR 36
- SWR 32 Flaring Exceptions
- SWR 13(b)1A Exceptions
- NSPS OOOO Notifications to TCEQ
- Form G-1 Gas Well Completion Report
- Form G-5 Gas Well Classification Report
- G-10 Gas Well Status Report
- ST-1 Application for Severance Tax Incentive Certification
- Form AP-180 Texas Comptroller Request for Approval of Reduced Tax Rate for High Cost Gas
4. Maintain internal tracking systems to identify upcoming regulatory requirements for continuing compliance with regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-3 years oil and gas experience.
- General knowledge of the oil and gas industry, namely the E&P upstream side of the business.
- Able to read, research and comprehend regulatory issues.
- Skilled in working on tasks requiring meticulous attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Able to multi-task, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently and as a team player with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with regulatory agency staff and all levels of company office and field staff.
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to adapt to a changing and fast paced work environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel and Word.
Oil & Gas experience in the Permian Basin. Working knowledge of Texas Railroad Commission regulatory forms and filing procedures. Familiarity Texas Railroad Commission rules and regulations. Problem solving and analytical skills.
Job Family Group
Procurement & Supply Chain Management Group
Yes - up to 25%
United States of America
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, our BP BPX Energy business operates across a vast area within our Upstream market, from the north of Texas to the Rocky Mountains. Here, we manage a diverse portfolio and we’re pushing ahead with reducing emissions through the introduction of drone-mounted sensors ‘green completion’ well technology. The ‘X’ in the name stands for exploration, which means finding new resources and new ideas and ways to improve what we do.
As part of our BPX Energy business, you’ll be part of a world-class team and have a real chance to reach your career goals. You’ll grow your skills through BP's wide-reaching network. And keep advancing while reaching your biggest ambitions. Join us and let’s move the industry forward together.