Project Manager - Wind Independent Engineering
CA-QC-Montreal | CA-BC-Vancouver | CA-ON-Toronto | CA-AB-Calgary | CA-NL-St. John's
This position can be based in any DNV GL Energy Advisory office in Canada; remote work will be considered.
Local Unit & Position Description
Do you want to be part of the world’s leading energy consultant firm?
Are you committed to address climate change and positively impact society and the world?
Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and clients, and thrive in a dynamic and respectful environment?
Then you may find our Project Manager for our Wind Independent Engineering Team to be a great fit for you!
DNV GL is the world’s leading renewable energy consultant and since the early 1980’s DNV GL’s Wind IE team has held a dominant market position for independent engineering services to support financing and construction of wind energy projects in North America. This position can be based in any DNV GL Energy Advisory office in Canada; remote work will be considered.
Tasks May Include
- Prioritizing QHSE considerations within the team to ensure safe execution and healthy work environment
- Initiating and coordinating the technical review process among internal specialists (including civil and electrical engineering, energy assessment, turbine technology, permitting, etc)
- Performing portions of the due diligence reviews, including contract and financial model (OPEX and CAPEX) reviews
- Coordinating input from technical specialists and writing of the due diligence reports
- Discussing and resolving technical issues with project developers and lenders/investors, including coordinating input on such issues from internal technical specialists as necessary
- Developing and winning proposals for scopes of services related to due diligence work
- Coordinating construction monitoring by DNV GL, including performing site inspections
- Supporting customers through the financial closings of projects
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business, or related energy field required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 3 years of experience working in engineering/construction/project management plus 1 year of experience in the wind industry OR 2 years of experience performing technical or financial reviews within the wind industry required
- Familiarity with energy industry technology (turbines, balance of plant, etc) and contracts (construction, supply, operations, interconnection, offtake, and/or asset management contracts); understanding of budgets and financial models
- Experience in at least one of the following is preferred: wind industry construction and operating contracts, wind project construction, operations/asset management, wind project design/development, turbine technology, or power marketing/offtake contracting
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time
- Willingness and ability to periodically climb wind turbines (>100 meters up a vertical ladder) with appropriate gear and walk over rough or slippery terrain as experienced on heavy construction sites in all climate conditions
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to write clear and detailed technical reports, presentations, and emails, and to clearly communicate complex technical issues to a non-technical audience
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights under the law, see: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Socialize this job opportunity to a friend, colleague, or family member: