About the opportunity
The Operations Services team is seeking applicants to fill the role of an Operations Support Executive. We require someone who can establish rapport, is proactive, can work independently and demonstrate attention to details.
The incumbent will be a member of the Operations Services Team and will work closely with the Traders, Trading Operators, Contract Analysts, Financial Operators, Credit Team & GEP. Their responsibilities will include:-
- Focal point of contact and manage interfaces to other services department internally and externally with regard to shipping documentation. This includes preparation, sending and receiving of all shipment documents including BDNs for our marine business.
- Letter of Credit Checker - ensure that document we produce does comply to Letter of Credit terms
- System data input and maintaining document records and filing system for Documentation and Registry.
- Focal points of contact with the storage terminals in relating to the Import and Export declarations ensuring the declarations are made on time and with accuracy against the provided shipping documents
- Focal points of contacts in applying Preferential Certificate of Origin ie Form D and Chambers Certificate of Origin as and when required by the trading bench
- Managing both the customs agencies and storage terminals contracts by updating it onto OSAT, IST Agents Database and EH Ops sharepoint.
- Focal points of contacts for all Customs related queries and related processes
- Processing non-shipments related ancillary invoices and cargo invoices using the SAP work flow system.
- Provide support to emission trading bench in transferring of unit and manage the inventory.
- Provide support to Trading Operators in managing the monthly stock reconciliation between physical and paper stocks, create blending & adjustment parcel and to flag out any discrepancies to them
- Provide support to Trading Operators in closing stock file, stock adjustments, input figures after closing, Bookstock preparation and chase trading ops for stock in transit figures
- Ensure flagged out shipments in OWB are all closed and flowed through for UOM posting on WD1
- Ensure all Post shipments flagged out in OWB are closed with zero UOM on WD1
- From time to time there will be requirement to exercise flexibility in working hours to accommodate different working arrangements.
- Support Relationship Manager in managing the Medium Risk Agents / High Risk Agents to ensure we comply to the requirements
- Min diploma in any discipline with min. 3 years of working experience in Customs related mattes such as Import and Export Custom procedures
- Microsoft Excel (Vlookup, Pivot table and Macro) and Word, and PC skills
- Proficient in Customs declarations system (Tradeweb Live etc)
- Sets priorities for tasks in order of importance
- Checks and attends to key details
- Completes work independently
- Understands own contributions to team’s objectives and outcomes
- Takes initiative in suggesting changes if opportunity arises and open to try new approaches
- Can establish rapport with and respond appropriately to others to facilitate teamwork and enhance effectiveness and share knowledge and best practices
Integrated Supply & Trading
Job Family Group
Supply & Trading Group
At BP, we’re involved in every aspect of the energy system. With over 73,000 employees in 78 countries, we’re constantly working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. And our Supply and Trading business helps us buy and sell energy that is transported to customers all over the world.
Supply and Trading moves energy through pipelines and by ship, truck and rail, and trades everything from our energy commodities to derivatives and currencies. It’s a place where talent, team collaboration and a supportive environment come together to make it an exceptional area to build a successful career.