Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 27,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 80 plants in 23 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations and fuel consumers’ desire for glass.
The job holder enables cost effectiveness (creation of sustainable competitive advantage whilst delivering financial performance objectives) by developing the most effective processes and procedures to enable efficient sourcing strategy and efficient mould management, in coordination with the relevant ESM / local buyer and internal stakeholders from Operations (Manufacturing, Engineering, Network/Global Manufacturing Fundamentals), Sales (NPD managers, Sales dept), Finance (asset management, controlling) and supporting the Total System Cost (TSC) program.
By providing your technical expertise for all SAP Mould related processes and IT projects to drive the business and working in close collaboration with the Mould Business Process Owner and the Mould Total System Cost community, you will contribute to our ambition of becoming the most cost effective glass manufacturer in Europe.
These include but is not limited to:
- Total Cost of Ownership modelling
- Efficient and effective SAP processes
- Superior data quality
- Collaborate with all the functions touched by the mould work stream to identify opportunities for improvement of current processes and systems
- Propose and lead the development of solutions for the identified opportunities
- Interface with IT for testing and make sure new processes are working and implemented per time as per Business requirements
- Interface with IT to ensure existing systems are running and being maintained as per the sop / policies
- Ensure that all SAP processes related to Mould Process (request, design, procure, receipt, usage) are continuously up to date and meeting expectations
- Develop and maintain training materials and programs for new and existing end users (via LMS365)
- Ensure that all the SAP mould users are properly trained on the valid procedures
- Standardize and rationalize mould related reporting
- Ensure the quality of the mould related data in the SAP system (Mould codification, material groups, naming convention, Life-time management, Mould Spend Categories, Classification values on Material as well on Batch level, Stock quantities)
- Proactively propose improvements to systems and development of new solutions to support the mould management processes
- Support the business by troubleshooting all problems escalated
- Oversee Mould Process
- Evaluate gaps and opportunities regarding efficiency
- Develop and maintain efficient and effective end-to-end mould management processes
- Train all mould users (class training, webinar or via LMS365 platform)
- Propose and manage dashboards & indicators (performance, issues etc)
- Engineer or graduate from Business School
- Tertiary qualifications in computer science or related areas
- English, written and verbal: advanced working proficiency
- French as a plus
- Technical Competencies
- Familiar with Mould management
- End users training skills
- Able to Maintain SAP-Mould Management Procedures
- 1-2 year min into an industrial environment, as Mould shop assistant or Mould designer.
- IT Skills:
- Microsoft Office - intermediate
- SAP – intermediate
- Basics of a Learning Management Tool
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.