- Develop and implement a modular system for the micro space and merchandising principles in BP’s stores that reflect different customer missions and needs
- Develop and implement a systematic approach to incorporating the merchandising principles into the customer proposition development aligned to the convenience retail strategy.
- Develop an ideal master assortment that can be easily tailored to the identified customer missions within a market or local catchment and allow for flexibility in local ranging to suit specific local tastes and requirements.
- Develop clear ways of working between the CoE, the local trading and operations teams and key suppliers to ensure that BP optimises relevant skills and efficiencies
- Ensure that the merchandising principles can be incorporated into our ‘model stores’ in a systematic way and ensure that BP continues to anticipate customers changing needs and delivers the world’s most convenient store
- Ensure that layout and adjacencies, digital enablers, our Customer Promise thinking, our store design, and the work of our strategic partners are all fully integrated and that we deliver an holistic customer centric journey and experience.
- Ensure that BP’s convenience stores deliver exceptional customer satisfaction and loyalty and achieve desired financial returns
- Ensure that BP remains compliant with all related safety regulations adopting a believe in zero approach to the design of our stores and operations
- Agree convenience equipment functional and technical specification
- Recommend the equipment to be used in BP sites to optimise the delivery of the customer offer and achieve best value for money for BP.
- Inform and influence the operational effectiveness of our stores through the way they are designed and act on store customer feedback within limits jointly owned and set by the CoE opex team
Knowledge, skills, experience
- At least 5+ years of strong retail experience (preferably FMCG sector)
- Micro space and merchandising planning experience
- Buying and category management experience
- Experience of working in an analytical field, linking customer behaviour to operational delivery
- End to end value chain evaluation and implementation experience
- Proven business and financial understanding
- Understanding of markets and key dynamics / regulatory features
- Fluent business English is a must
- Equipment experience would be a great advantage
Job Family Group
Yes - up to 50%
Belgium, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Poland
At BP, we’re involved in every aspect of the energy system. With over 73,000 employees in 78 countries, we’re constantly working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. And with our Downstream business producing refined petroleum products, creating premium brand lubricants, delivering 11.9m tonnes of petrochemicals and supplying distinctive fuels and retail services through 18,700 retail sites, they’re helping us meet the biggest demands of the world.
As part of our Downstream team, you’ll help deliver high-quality products and services that meet all of our customers’ needs, all while growing and achieving your career’s biggest goals. Join BP and help us change the way we power up the world.